Prosecutors Detail Oathkeepers’ Alleged ‘Race’ To Capitol Attack — In Golf Carts | Talking Points Memo

The siege of the Capitol had begun. The doors had been breached 20 minutes earlier. And Joshua James and Roberto Minuta, two members of the Oath Keepers militia group who just hours earlier had provided security for Trump confidante Roger Stone, were allegedly rushing to get to the action… in a golf cart.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1368912

“While Minuta speeds toward the Capitol, the defendant does not bail from the golf cart, but rather punches the Capitol building address into his phone and audibly directs Minuta, aiding them in their endeavor to storm the Capitol building.”

Really? I mean, the dome is visible from all parts of the District. They needed Google maps to get there? This has all the markings of a Marx Brothers film, if it weren’t so damned dangerous.

22 Likes

Needs a ‘Ride of the Valkyries’ sound overdub.

40 Likes

It’s a bit of a hole in the story not to mention how they got hold of the golf carts. Come on, gang. If you don’t know, say you don’t know. :angry:

21 Likes

Kill the whabit

16 Likes

Trump National Golf Club Washington, D.C.
20391 Lowes Island Blvd
Potomac Falls, VA 20165
703-444-4801.

^ Perhaps?

15 Likes

So the pro-Trump golf cart parades at The Villages were dress rehearsals?

22 Likes

Many times the Hammer falls gently, in our Criminal Justice System. Criminologists talk about the “funnel”…going from committing the offense, it being discovered, LEO weighing charges, charges being applied, arrests, jail/bail, trial and so forth…

Generally speaking, the higher one is w/r/t socioeconomic status the more likely the Hammer is more “gentle”.

I believe that these folks, be they former laborers or plant managers in their Pre-Trump-Life, truly believe that the Trump Teflon Magic will apply to THEM …

All the Way.

11 Likes

Actually I think Bennie Hill’s “Yackity Sax” would be more appropriate.

28 Likes

Roger Stone. They were driving him around the day before in them playing his “protection”.

15 Likes

I love the smell of insurrection in the morning.

17 Likes

I think where the carts came from may actually be important. They’re not the kind of thing you bring in to DC unless you think you will have a particular use for them. (In particular, leaving city streets while still being able to move relatively fast. But without a standard license plate.)

10 Likes

This story pretty much is the CliffsNotes version of the last four years. Is it wrong of me to find the idea of a bunch of Q-nuts/pirates/tactical assholes speeding to an insurrection in a golf cart unbelievably funny?

20 Likes

This strikes me as being akin to the clown cars entering the circus tent.

3 Likes

Literally from Roger Stone. Here he is in one of them on January fifth, the day prior.

10 Likes

Your OneWordAnswer™: No.

19 Likes

What does that mean? Did Stone bring them up from Florida?

4 Likes
8 Likes

I will accept that answer.

2 Likes

Well, thank you. I see them used at events and so forth all the time. But they aren’t just, you know, around.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available