Prison Bars Haven’t Kept Manafort And Giuliani Apart

Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani has kept up a steady flow of communication with the imprisoned Paul Manafort through the former Trump campaign chairman’s lawyer, seeking to further the rightwing talking point that Ukrainians interfered in 2016 to help Hillary Clinton.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1253300
1 Like

Does anyone know if the black ledger payment was part of any criminal prosecution of Manafort?

1 Like

"…with President Donald Trump and Giuliani molding a pretense for a Manafort pardon."

I fail to see Trump feels any obligation to provide rational grounds or reasoned support for his decisions. If he wants to pardon Manafort he’d just do it, contrary advice be damned.

5 Likes

Manafort: “Will you wait for me, my little honeybear?”

Giuliani: “Always, sugarplum. And I’ll stay faithful, too!”

4 Likes

He’s already said he prefers people who weren’t captured.

5 Likes

How does this work? Are prisoners allowed unlimited stream of visitors and phone calls? I thoguht there were limits on this…Does Giuliani personally go to the pen to visit? Or is this yet another ‘I’m his lawyer’ scam? I thought prison meant hard time, not R and R time to chat with the talking heads…

5 Likes

They’re trying that route to get the stuff thrown out.

If he’s pardoned, can be compelled to testify, no pain the fifth…

So instead, the loyal guy rots in a cell.

Truly, this is one of Trump’s most shameful and self-serving acts.

4 Likes

Giuliani is a compulsive publicity whore.

4 Likes

Certainly you’re not suggesting he is undeserving of his plight?

4 Likes

I am way past believing that these aholes have one ounce of shame but somewhere deep inside I truly thought they wouldn’t try to ratfk the entire country.

2 Likes

We’re not a nation, we’re a business. You extract everything you can legally, and having exhausted that you steal what you think you can get away with. It’s not a crime unless you’re caught. And even if you are caught, the severity of the crime is directly proportional to the competency and connections of your criminal legal counsel.

8 Likes

OT News!

Off-topic but oh-so delectable!

Hey, did you know that Elizabeth Warren was a ravenous and insatiable cougar? Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman did! (I swear these two mofos get dumber by the second):

And Todd Starnes got fired by FoxNews but nobody is sure why. In case you don’t know Todd Starnes: imagine Truman Capote with the religious hypocrisy of Franklin Graham, the soul of Donald Trump, and the intellect of Louis Gohmert:

Finally, the Australian ambassador tells Lindsey Graham to go fuck himself:

11 Likes

Prison Bars Haven’t Kept Manafort And Giuliani Apart

Worst Country & Western song ever.

17 Likes

Not at all. Totally deserves it and more.

It’s just that it’s really shitty of Trump, and shows what a horrid being he is that, being in the condition to help, he does nothing and lets him rot

2 Likes

Yeah, seeking out the advice of a convicted felon who’s made a career of helping dictators fuck over their people is going to help Trump win over the general public during the coming impeachment hearings and trial…regarding his trying to become a dictator who fucks over his own people. Uhuh.

As for Rudy, well, if he likes Paulie so much, we can arrange for them to live together, if you know what I mean. We’ll even give them all the tomato sauce and garlic they want. No razor blades, though.

3 Likes

Maybe. But there are several thousand people in U.S. prisons serving sentences running multiple decades in length, for selling as little as 3-4 rocks of crack. How many of them did Obama pardon?

Cellmates forever!

2 Likes

They’re not a co-conspirator that helped Obama win office.

2 Likes

But then there’s maybe the best ever:

2 Likes

Manafort will save a bunk for him, especially if Rudy wears that special dress (you know the one I mean).

3 Likes