Politicians Who ‘Side With Criminals’ Are Cowards, Says Brave GOPer Who Compared Insurrectionists To Tourists

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things.

Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-GA) declared on the House floor last night that “those in political office show both ignorance and cowardice when they side with criminals.” Oh, and “May God bless our courageous law enforcement officers who put their lives on the line each and every day.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1404231
1 Like

Looks like a dreary Tuesday

5 Likes

Kudos to Ohio Chief Justice O’Connor. I hope she doesn’t have to hire security due to her honesty and integrity.

And more kudos to the 4 r’s in the Kansas legislature who would not vote to override the Gov’s veto. But how does it work that the legislature gets to vote on an override a second time today? I hope the 4 stick to their guns and don’t cave to threats and intimidation from their colleagues.

43 Likes

Self-goals don’t count against Rs.

6 Likes

Navarro Explodes At ‘Traitor’ Marc Short Over Failed Jan. 6 Plot

13 Likes

Wonderful people doing their best don’t creat language calling a riot that led to seven deaths and 140 injured cops “legitimate political discourse” Mitt. Get your head out of your a$$.

20 Likes

Yep, that’s the Green Bay sweep in the background.
There’s nothing useful about Ron Vara, he’s just an idiot.

14 Likes

“But here’s why I’m sticking with the Republican Party even though its policy platform is nonexistent.”

44 Likes

And the virus from Canada is extended to New Zealand:

New Zealand protesters block streets outside parliament | Reuters

Good news here:

Top Georgia Democrats build financial edge over Republicans (ajc.com)

In the category of ‘he’s not wrong’:

Manu Raju on Twitter: “Sen. Mitt Romney says he texted his niece — Ronna McDaniel, head of the RNC — to express his point of view condemning the censure resolution. Asked about the impact on the midterms, he said: “Anything that my party does that comes across as being stupid is not going to help us”” / Twitter

Let’s see them do something about it:

Senate GOP backlash smacks RNC after Cheney-Kinzinger censure - POLITICO

22 Likes

“Navarro explodes” … if only.

37 Likes

i enjoyed watching Andrew Clyde read his prepared statement using his finger to follow what he wrote, I felt like I was watching a 2nd grader reading Fun with DIck and Jane.

18 Likes

15 boxes?! Shoe box or moving box size?

34 Likes
  • Trump’s aides are still looking for more documents to hand over, according to the National Archives.

Am I correct in remembering that they had to make him quit eating documents early in his term? If so, they aides might want to check the septic system. (Or the Depends pail.)

15 Likes

The FBI needs to execute search warrants on every piece of property THAT MAN has access to.

14 Likes

Already posted

LibTArds fail to turn alaBAma Blue!

10 Likes

I think banker’s boxes.

10 Likes

From The Intercept article regarding Amir’s shooting/murder:

a no-knock warrant, smashing their way into an apartment in the dead of night.

They had a key from the landlord.That’s actually worse because Amir may have had a second or two more to wake up had the police smashed their way in. Smashing a door in is very loud.

20 Likes

We Sent Some American Crazy Up to Canada. You Better Believe It’s Going to Rebound

Trucker Protest in Ottawa Will Be Mimicked in United States Soon (esquire.com)

14 Likes

I read on twitter earlier he kept the map of the hurricane he added onto with the sharpie.

He’s an odd bird.

14 Likes