Peter Thiel Slithers Away From Meta Board Of Directors To Boost Pro-Trump Candidates

My guess? There will be no lesson learned, they’re gonna think it’s just a freak of nature just like all those weird people who gotta dress up wrong and are all perverts.

2 Likes

Thanks. Don’t know how I managed to miss that. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Speaking of irony, I always chuckled that Thiel, supposedly a huge Tolkien fan, decided to call his company that specialized in big data for security purposes (with an initial big CIA contract to boot) Palantir. Almost as if he didn’t really pay attention when he was reading LOTR.

7 Likes

He probably just watched the films.

2 Likes

IKR, but I’m still I so tired of hearing there are only 2 sexes.

1 Like

Thiel is Sauron in that story.

8 Likes

Check this out:

8 Likes

He has commented that the quality of the country began deteriorating with the expansion of the vote to minorities and women. What a sad, hateful little man he is.

10 Likes

Yep, it’s tiring.

To brighten up your day, two gay penguins adopt an egg.

Apparently there are several documented cases and they have become exemplary parents (and the zoos are now encouraging this – IIRC, the pair above got another egg the next year because one of the females in the group isn’t interested in the eggs once she’s pushed 'em out). So, anyone who believes that you aren’t “born gay” should just look around at Mother Nature. (I know, I know…)

https://sites.tufts.edu/museumstudents/2021/02/22/whats-with-all-the-gay-penguins/

5 Likes

Telling was Theil’s musings that America needs more ticker tape parades. Ticker tape was obsolete by 1970…along with Thiel’s world view.

5 Likes

Do valuable members of the board fund other another company’s attempts to hack the firms they direct? Thiel’s fund invested in a security firm that supposedly had tools to hack whatsapp.

6 Likes

More Saruman.

6 Likes

Well… That zoo is in Berlin, a hotbed center of debauchery and all sorts of excessive liberalism.

So the penguins may just be mimicking the relationship patterns they see from the visitors.

Need to check the zoos in Alabama.

2 Likes

No penguins there, but the ostriches in the Birmingham zoo have all learned to turn and spit chewing tobacco after humping one another from behind.

3 Likes

“No more words, and no more promises!”

So they do it with their sisters?

2 Likes

OT: but delicious

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-07/we-re-fine-without-facebook-german-and-french-ministers-say

3 Likes

Not sure how that’s ironic. Palantir the orbs are able to view pretty much anything anywhere, IIRC. Which is quite in line with what Palantir the product offers to its customers.

2 Likes

Including the part about being useful for evil rulers.

2 Likes

Feature, not a bug. Separate from the insidious monster who created it, the company itself does a lot of good that they really don’t get credit for. Terrorists don’t kill themselves short of their target, after all.

1 Like