Peter Thiel Slithers Away From Meta Board Of Directors To Boost Pro-Trump Candidates

Meta, Facebook’s recently rebranded parent company, announced on Monday that conservative megadonor Peter Thiel will be retiring from Meta’s board of directors.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1404272

Proof facebook censors conservatives?

4 Likes

Exactly. And now how is little peter going to make a living?

2 Likes

Given that Thiel is buddy buddy with Zuckerberg, that is further proof that FB is shilling for Trumpy and needs to be put out of business.

9 Likes

The New York Times noted that Thiel had declared last year that he would “take QAnon and Pizzagate conspiracy theories any day over a Ministry of Truth.”

Notice, however, that for him this is an either/or dicotomy. I would prefer our media owners be committed to truth so we don’t have to worry about the evils of either organized misinformation or a government agency censoring thought.

11 Likes

When facebook changed its name to Meta, did anyone actually look up the meaning of the word,
adjective

1. Making or showing awareness of reference to oneself or to the activity that is taking place, especially in an ironic or comic way.
  2. Self-referential; at a higher level
1 Like

Pro-Trump=Fascist

Why not save ink by using 7 instead of 9 characters? The phrasing used in this Era is of another set of norms. Right now, we are skirting with the Post-Truth Era.

7 Likes

Garbage in, garbage out.

Check that. It’s probably more correct to say: Garbage out, garbage in.

5 Likes

That usually translates to “That guy says the craziest things that not even my Reddit buddies will say.”

9 Likes

There is another meaning in the computer and console gaming world where it’s used more as a noun – the “current meta” – which means the current best way to win a game. Usually a changing condition as new game updates are released that shift the balance.

3 Likes

The New York Times noted that Thiel had declared last year that he would “take QAnon and Pizzagate conspiracy theories any day over a Ministry of Truth.”

Not sure Thiel knows how to abide by the Policy of Truth.

4 Likes

Another guy with too much time, too much money, and too many bad ideas about how people making his life better is somehow the most important thing in the world.

14 Likes

Thiel slithers away :joy: :joy:

10 Likes

“Thiel, a longtime investor in Facebook and confidante of Meta founder Mark Zuckerberg going back to 2005,…”

Must be hell to sit in the dark and admit to yourself Peter Thiel is a long time confidante. Sort of like admitting John Wayne Gacy is your favorite birthday clown.

7 Likes

Peter Thiel got caught just last week funding a cybersecurity company that hacked Facebook-owned WhatsApp, so resigning to spend more time with Nazis was probably inevitable.

20 Likes

For someone who seems to have a might low opinion of people who aren’t him, he sure does spend a lot of time trying to control us people.

8 Likes

Oooooh, did I sleep through something or was this just not front page news?

2 Likes

C’mon think about it – we’re just cattle to a superior being like him. Of course, he wants to control us, and milk us for all the $$$ he can. If we’re allowed to run free we might just tear down his shallow, selfish little world of irreality.

5 Likes

O/T

Now I wonder if any of these hunters now understand intersex or trans people after this experience?
I sure hope the yahoo in OK who declared that there are only two sexes reads this, I’m assume he reads he is on his kid’s school board.

3 Likes

Etc.
10 Likes