Perdue Vows To Copy DeSantis’ Bogus Voter Fraud-Hunting Police Unit

It’s been clear from the start that former Sen. David Perdue’s (R-GA) gubernatorial campaign would be centered on the Big Lie. And now, he’s taking notes from the best of ’em.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1402102

Question: is this the kind of thing that would have needed to go through the preclearance process of the Voting Right Act, had the Republican-led Supreme Court not gutted the Act?

14 Likes

BREAKING: Party of ‘Small Government’ and ‘Individual Freedom’ Champions Totalitarianism.

“Stasi curious”?

17 Likes

Perdue seems hell-bent on out-Trumping Trump.

11 Likes

the special unit would be called the “Office of Election Crimes and Security” and it would be staffed by over 50 employees,

…all close personal friends of the candidate and campaign supporters.

12 Likes

It’s been clear from the start that former Sen. David Perdue’s (R-GA) gubernatorial campaign would be centered on the Big Lie. And now, he’s taking notes from the best of ’em.

“Now hold on a sec. Aren’t you forgetting about ME? I’M the best of the best.”

6 Likes

Sooo - are we watching the precursor to the steal of the next election? Instead of relying on the Oath Keepers or the Proud Boys - they are going to have official state RepubliQan armies to take control?

Seems like it to me.

11 Likes

I sure hope they the new police unit has an Italian-speaking computer hacker, given the huge role played by Italian satellites in insuring Biden’s victory.

8 Likes

Pretty clear from the very beginning that all of the “stop the steal” nonsense was about the Right giving itself permission to cheat. If the Left is cheating then why shouldn’t the Right, or so their logic goes.

7 Likes

If Gov De Santis transforms (quasi phonetically) to Gov Death Sentence, what does Gov Perdue transform into?

3 Likes

Governor Lost.

7 Likes

Most likely yes for the areas that were under preclearance, which Georgia most certainly was. At the very least, it would have gone to the Courts to determine if it fell under that provision.

The GOP would not have proposed these changes had the SCOTUS not gutted that section of the VRA. This is also why the entire GOP voted against the John Lewis Voting Rights Act, which would have reinstituted these provisions.

12 Likes

Thus providing more proof that Purdue is another RW politician who will do any handstands and contortions required to gain office. The only principle he evidently holds to is getting elected by any means necessary.

2 Likes

What are the Neo-Stasi going to rename dossier? Can’t have such a fine American government using those foreign words.

5 Likes

I wonder how many Trump Cult members will be arrested by this money wasting Voter Fraud Police Unit. Trump voters seem to be the only fraudsters.

3 Likes

Perdue will hire GA Proud Boys and Oath Keepers as staff for the newly created OCES.

1 Like

Wow, a BrownShirt franchise system! Ya gotta admire GQP job creation efforts.

9 Likes

So is he going to lower taxes to pay for it, or is this a volunteer force? Perhaps Proud Boys, or anyone with beef could volunteer, weapons provided by the NRA!

Since I can’t comment on editorials directly, I’ll do it here instead. Major props to Josh for “Stolen Infrastructure Valor” in his current piece slamming Ashley Hinson (R-IA) for taking credit for infrastructure work that she voted against.

5 Likes

With none of Trump’s charisma

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available