Perdue Insists He Doesn’t Have Anything ‘Personal’ Against Kemp—Kemp Just Isn’t A Good Enough Friend To Trump!

Former Sen. David Perdue (R-GA) officially launched his bid for Georgia governor on Monday, setting up a showdown against Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) in the GOP primary.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1397024

“Let me be very clear — over my dead body will we ever give Stacey Abrams control of our elections again,

Perdue continued.

Nope. Not going to go there. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Seriously, though? “Again”?

10 Likes

History is riddled with subordinate people of power and those who thirst for power caving to autocrats. Perdue is merely a reenactment of that truth.

14 Likes

Teatroll Rosetta Stone:

“Fight for us” = “Rig the elections and overturn any election results that we don’t like.”

Did I mention…

9 Likes

This is indeed a bath in schadenfreude

12 Likes

Perdue can tickle a scrotum in that special sort of way that Kemp can’t.

4 Likes

IF I lived in GA, and was forced to vote R, because Rep Massey was holding my entire family hostage, this would definitely sway my vote:

Kemp Just Isn’t A Good Enough Friend To Trump!

To Kemp.

4 Likes

“It’s not personal, it’s strictly business.”
– M. Corleone

11 Likes

So is the NY Times sending a team to interview people in Georgia diners about this contretemps?

17 Likes

With friends like T****, uh, never mind…

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m gonna go ahead and make this prediction. Stacey Abrams is gonna win this election. Kemp will lose to Perdue because Trump will go all-in behind Perdue just to spite Kemp for not having somehow magically overturned the election. GA voters already rejected Perdue once and they’ll do it again because, with Abrams at the top of the ticket and Warnock on the ballot, the Black and the sane white vote will be extra energized. They’ll throw up every roadblock they can think of and try to throw out the results, but in the end I think Abrams and Warnock will prevail.

39 Likes

Perdue tries to blame Stacey Abrams for his and Trump’s loss in GA because she was able to get out the vote. Trump on the other hand told his supporters to stay home. I thought Perdue conceded to Ossoff.

15 Likes

Or, “With friends like Trump, who needs enemas.”

3 Likes

“over my dead body…”

Abrams victory.

Two-fer!

10 Likes

So was his concession a lie? Reporters need to get him on the record here. Why did he concede?

David Perdue concedes Georgia Senate race to Jon Ossoff - CNNPolitics

10 Likes

“Gov Kemp failed to be corrupt enough for our GQP. I can be that corrupt. I have the best corruption.”

11 Likes

Maybe. I expect the red state legislature to take over Fulton and maybe a couple other counties and that we’ll see an astronomical increase, inexplicable by any statistical measures, in the number of ballots that get rejected in those counties. Then Abrams will lose and when we accuse them of shenanigans, they AND THE MSM will promptly respond with “NOW WHO ARE THE CONSPIRACY THEORIISTS PUSHING A BIG LIE?!?!?!!”

11 Likes

“To fight back, we simply have to be united.

Sure, Perdue, backed by Trump, is going to totally be a force for unity…in the Democratic party. Whichever one gets the nomination, half of Republicans will be completely antagonized.

4 Likes

I think Perdue is taking the racist fury vote away from Kemp. Kemp will be in the odd position of arguing how his actions have kept the ‘woke left’ at bay (he means Black voters) but it won’t matter b/c he didn’t rig the election results post-facto for Trump.

This helps Abrams as even if Kemp survives, Trump is damaging the power of incumbency that an incumbent GOP Governor would normally have in a race for re-election.

17 Likes

Recall that Kemp stole his last election by purging the Georgia voter rolls of hundreds of thousands of otherwise eligible voters for some BS technicality or another. So he’s fine with stealing elections, but angered Trump by not being willing to steal an election for him.

21 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available