Perdue Insists He Doesn’t Have Anything ‘Personal’ Against Kemp—Kemp Just Isn’t A Good Enough Friend To Trump!

That was my general reaction, if they count the votes…

4 Likes

Nationwide it’s going to go way beyond rejected ballots. We’re going to see hundreds of thousands of people turned away at the polls before they can even cast their ballots, for a dozen contrived reasons. No ID, or invalid ID. Lapsed registration. Misspellings on God knows what election related stuff. Wrong addresses, either theirs or the polling place. Pick the precinct and it might just come down to “I don’t like your looks or attitude, get the hell out of here.”

6 Likes

After the circular firing squad has ended, they will be united in losing to Stacey Abrams.

I wonder how many elections Perdue has to lose to learn that the people of Georgia just aren’t into him.

5 Likes

That is very likely. That her victory is recognized is another matter altogether. Among the recently passed election laws here is a provision that allows legislature to take over County election boards whose results it doesn’t like. They are already doing it with Fulton County. Trust me, this time around they are going to find the 12,000 or 120,000 voter that they might need.

There was a reason the MLB moved the All-Star game out of GA, much attention was paid to the prohibition of giving water to voters waiting in line, but it is the fact that it makes the Legislature the arbiter of the election results, that turned Georgia into a banana republic.

7 Likes

Just as easy to read between the lines as if he said, “As your governor, I will keep Georgia in the BLACK. It will be a BLACK day in Georgia history and a BLACK eye for Georgia politics, if Stacey Abrams is elected!”

8 Likes

We need the Voting Rights Bill passed and signed into Law.

12 Likes

I expect they’ll try and that their efforts will mostly get knocked down by various courts. I’m also thinking that with everything that has happened in GA, Democratic voters, especially those in Fulton County, will not be taking their franchise lightly. Also, I have no doubt Dems in GA will be armed to the teeth with lawyers ready to pounce on even the faintest whiff of bullshit.

14 Likes

It is hard for me to read Perdue’s statement about not letting Stacey Abrams run the state again and not think of the post-Reconstruction myth that black people ran the former Confederate states into the ground through mismanagement and corruption, but thank goodness whites are back in charge.

7 Likes

I hope I’m wrong, but her emails…

1 Like

Free election sin the US are a thing of the past

6 Likes

Republicans in … disarray.

10 Likes

Did I mention…

1 Like

The Primary between these individuals will shock millennials and others who have never heard what these two men will brag about and appeal to. But they will rachet it up, out of desperation, like the desperate men they are. Appealing to a man as debauched and sadistic as Donald Trump is surely a desperate measure. I am looking forward to making Jim Crow comparisons, along with looking at some historical records.

The winner will have to deal with that against Abrams.

9 Likes

That provision is already being challenged in the courts and most don’t expect it will survive. I honestly don’t think even this SCOTUS is stupid enough to let that part stand because Dems could enact the same laws in other states and make it nearly impossible for Republicans to win elections too. If, say, CA and NY put such laws into place, the GOP could forget about ever taking the House back.

10 Likes

Igitt.

God…he makes me cringe. How cravenly can you be??? He even makes me feel sorry for Georgia.

3 Likes

And Joe Biden is president, Nancy got her gavel back, and Schumer is Majority Leader despite the best efforts of the most corrupt, seditious president in American history.

14 Likes

Democrats, who are in disarray, ignore these salt of the earth folks at their peril.

7 Likes

It’s one thing to steal the election by suppressing the vote before it’s cast. It’s another to try to overturn the election after the votes are cast and counted. It is the latter that Georgia’s new laws are intended to affect.

4 Likes

Malheureusement, that house is us!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available