Pentagon: 34 Soldiers Have Brain Injuries After Iran Strike

OT, but I just learned from Trump’s defenders why he ignored the subpoenas:

They are invalid. Now, why didn’t I think of that. I coulda had a V8.

1 Like

I believe this is true of all current servicemembers.

But the entire quote is even more damaging. Trump doubles down at the end of his answer and repeats “No,” this “headache” or TBI thingy is not as bad as other injuries.

Most of us with even a limited knowledge of head injuries (clinicians, parents, concerned friends and relatives) are terrified of TBI in everyday accidents. Bomb blasts are exponential. Unconcerned Trump is not, and does not give a crap.

The VFW just demanded an apology from the Pres, and a WH response to educate people about the severity of TBI.

2 Likes

https://www.npr.org/2016/01/29/464755390/abcs-bob-woodruff-the-unexpected-life

Just a headache

2 Likes

Oh yeah, it can go back to O’Connor who was heard to say she wanted to see dubya in office before her anticipated retirement. It doesn’t matter that she was the first woman on SCOTUS, her legacy is tarred with this partisanship.

1 Like

@cd posted this and he/she couldn’t be more on target. We forget sometimes how there have been big and small efforts from SCOTUS to bend the will of the people.

what if the Supreme Court had stayed in it’s swim lane and Florida actually counted votes?

Sandra Day, this trump’s on YOU

1 Like

I’m happy to say my county which is the Congressional district Nancy Pelosi represents us voted for PP by just 31%, HRC got close to 62%. The rest was split among people who had no chance including Stein, Johnson and Sanders.

1 Like

This is on Trump and his shoot-from-the-bone-spur foreign policy.

1 Like

As usual, Trump is talking out of his ass. Sheer ignorance. As someone who has up close and personal experience with TBIs (traumatic brain injury) I can assure you these injuries are devastating and unpredictable. Lucky patients are able to rehab back to a functional life, but many TBI patients live with permanent, life-altering disability. Trump’s statement shows his total indifference to the suffering of others, even those he sends into harm’s way.

The man is a malicious cretin.

1 Like

Must be part of Eddie Gallagher’s new Salty Frog Gear.

1 Like

Will the soldiers with TBI get the purple heart?

What, never?

ike_001

4 Likes

The Purple Heart can be awarded for TBI, but I don’t know what level of injury is required. (The soldiers immediately returned to duty may not qualify)

3 Likes

Heck in my Crowley now AOC district PP got around 22% of the vote and this is considering the somewhat more conservative parts of the district in the Bronx like Throggs Neck and Country Club plus some enclaves in Queens. The minor parties all received below 1%.

1 Like

I signed up for the Selective Service when I was beginning college under Carter. Most of my family members served during WWI, WWII and Korea. My dad got out because of me being born.
Years later I often think about that era and am thankful that he didn’t do anything rash that would have called us up to fight an large scale incursion in the Middle East.

This seems like a good sign that the blue wave really happened.

1 Like

That’s what my son-in-law, a Marine lieutenant based in North Carolina, said when I asked him about support for Trump at Cherry Point.

2 Likes

These injuries pale in comparison to the bone spurs that kept “Weasel-face Trump” from serving.

1 Like

If we’re going with individual data points, my niece, who just retired out of the Army as a medic in an airborne division, tells me that the enlisted folks can’t stand him either. More specifically, those who would be be sent first understand the risk he poses to them…

2 Likes

Then basic is failing. Or basic is the problem.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available