Pentagon: 34 Soldiers Have Brain Injuries After Iran Strike

Thirty-four U.S. soldiers have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries after the Iran missile strike on Iraqi bases late last month, the Pentagon said Friday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1286736

Sad that these soldiers were injured as a direct result of Trump’s tiny digit tantrum…

25 Likes

President Donald Trump dismissed the suspected injuries Wednesday as “headaches.”

“No, I don’t consider them very serious injuries, relative to other injuries that I’ve seen,” Trump said during a press conference at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

“I know much more than the doctors do about this. Nobody knows more about it than me. They’re just faking these injuries. Believe me, I know a fake injury when I claim - I mean see - one.”

31 Likes

Whiners and malingerers. Trump has made it very clear that there were no injuries, these 34 soldiers are clearly deep state plotters trying to harm him and they should all be court-martialed.

27 Likes

Fine when the next shelling is planned Iran make sure Trump is in the targeted area. Then we will see how TBI is just a headache.

No not really, but this is Trump being his umempathetic self. Nobody in the history of the world has suffered the literal and figurative slings of arrows of outrageous fortune more than Trump. Now give him a lollypop.

9 Likes

they will have a choice next November.

8 Likes

He added, “After all, I know about injuries and pain. I had bone spurs!”

11 Likes

And, since he doesn’t have a functional brain, he wouldn’t have a clue as to how devastating this can be.

12 Likes

You don’t treat a concussion by sending someone from Baghdad to Germany. It really sucks taht so many veterans are die=hard GOPers and/or white nationalist pricks, because Trump downplaying this should be a national scandal. He got 34 of our soldiers hurt by trying to distract from his impeachment and have his bin Laden moment he’s been searching for ever since 2016. And then he says “no biggy…headaches.” CAN YOU FUCKING IMAGINE IF THIS SET OF FACTS OCCURRED UNDER OBAMA?

26 Likes

When trump tweeted “All is well!”, that was a message to Wall Street, the MIC and Stuart Varney of Fox News. The rest of the tweet was garbledygook and balderdash to distract from the message that “All is well!” for Wall Street, the MIC, and Stuart Varney of Fox News.

9 Likes

Very interesting and informative article on brain concussions from explosions.

Fifteen percent to 28 percent of military personnel serving in Afghanistan and Iraq suffered concussions, the study says.

Added:
My relative who says no big deal, the same thing happens every Sunday during football is wrong. The concussions are different.

10 Likes

President Donald Trump dismissed the suspected injuries Wednesday as “headaches.”

“No, I don’t consider them very serious injuries, relative to other injuries that I’ve seen,” Trump said during a press conference at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. “I’ve seen people with no legs and no arms.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/10/18/trumps-alleged-knew-what-he-signed-up-for-remark-to-military-widow-is-worth-caution-but-fits-a-clear-pattern/

16 Likes

Just waiting on Milley to again be asked about this.

5 Likes

They will be fine. Small price to pay for the hard on that Trump got with the assassination thingy. He will brag about it for years.

3 Likes

They were sent to the medical center we have there in Landstuhl, that’s where most wounded from the Middle East end up at least initially, before determining whether to send them on to the U.S. or whether they can be treated there.

13 Likes

Milley is waiting for his million dollar a year retirement package from the Military-Industrial Complex, he is not going to rock any boats and find himself blackballed.

4 Likes

I understand that, but you wouldn’t send someone who merely suffered a concussion there. It would be completely silly. They’d need to suffer something far more drastic for that to be the triage and/or treatment decision. They have sufficient equipment and tools in place in Baghdad to deal with concussions and such and to test whether the injury goes beyond that.

5 Likes

The downplaying of TBI by Trump is truly horrendous. People spent years de-stigmatizing these “invisible” wounds, only for him to turn around and basically claim that it’s nothing.

What an absolutely horrid being.

24 Likes

I helped care for Vietnam wounded for 3 1/2 years in two Aeromedical Staging Flights. One in the States and one in Vietnam.
How any active duty or Vet can back this worthless POS is beyond me.
If the 34 were wearing MAGA hats when hit they would all been given a medal at the White House.

14 Likes

Now imagine the Iraqi and Afghan civilians that were on the receiving end of those explosions. The ones that survived of course.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available