Pennsylvania Republicans Float A Plan For A Gerrymandering Power Grab

New district maps for Pennsylvania’s state legislature have received preliminary approval from a state commission — and prompted outrage from Pennsylvania House Republicans, for whom the maps are not red enough.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1400954

short version of fascistgop policy - ‘we want to make sure the majority has no voice whatsoever in their government’.

27 Likes

They won’t rest until one party rule ie.GOP is permanent.

20 Likes

Rural Red Pennsylvanians would love to kick Philadelphia out of the state…but not before Rural Red Pennsylvanians benefit from the state and gas taxes that Philadelphians pay.

47 Likes

The spelling says “democracy”.
The meaning is one-party control.

11 Likes

Republicans don’t believe in democracy…if they can’t win on their own, they then choose their own voters. Gerrymandering is the ability to deny the rights of the majority to ensure minority rule indefinitely. Yes, it happens on both sides, but the Republicans are extremely brazen in their attempt to squeeze every district in their favor. It’s disgusting, but sadly, most voters don’t care enough to protest. UGH!

26 Likes

Pennsylvania is the worst, grossest place in the world and we should just let it secede because I don’t want to be in the same country as it.

:roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I am surprised they still allow Democrats to run for office at all. Talk about rigging elections.

10 Likes

It’s Philly and Pittsburgh. Those two pretty much control the State and always have (I was born and raised there and watched this from way back).

15 Likes

God, Republicans. What an endless curse.

13 Likes

Philly is Jersey. Pittsburgh is the Steelers.

5 Likes

True, but Pennsyltuckians think Philly would be easier to detach from the state and/or give to Jersey.

Also, there’s something about the people who live in Philadelphia (I can’t quite put my finger on what it could be…) that Pennsyltuckians despise.

25 Likes

Eagles fans.

6 Likes
6 Likes

That…and they dance when they vote.

16 Likes

Doesn’t everyone?

2 Likes

You know, there are folks who’ve said remarkably similar things about Texas…

14 Likes

Waaay too early for that kind of imagery.

Have a heart…

9 Likes

[sotto voce] He’s a lawyer, so…

10 Likes

My bad. Have a retainer?

5 Likes