Pennsylvania Republicans Float A Plan For A Gerrymandering Power Grab

After yesterday’s seditious conspiracy indictments, I’m in a No Quarter mode.

13 Likes

1/6/21 was a sideshow that the GOP is quietly hoping takes Trump down or at least out of the picture. He played his role by giving them 3 SCOTUS seats and a bunch in lower courts and now they just want to resume their efforts to consolidate power permanently and irreversibly. While he and his idiot Oaf Keepers and Loud Bois grab all the headlines, the real coup, of which Liz Cheney and the other never-Trumpers approve, proceeds on schedule, helped along by erstwhile “Dems” like Manchin and Sinema, who are playing their part in this quasi-legal power grab. Trump and his minions are a threat and should be dealt with, but they’re the phantom menace. This “quiet coup” in the states is the real threat, and it’s proceeding nearly unabated.

Then again, if Trump & Co. are taken down or at least thoroughly vilified as fascist thugs who attempted a literal coup through violence and illegal conspiracies, it just might turn off enough voters from voting GOP to keep congress and the WH in Dem hands. These useful idiots the GOP exploited to secure their lock on the courts might well end up ruining that plan. Stay tuned. What congress & DoJ are doing is less about legal justice than literally saving the republic.

15 Likes

Done with the blessing of Boris Manchin and Natasha Sinema.

5 Likes

"Fascism, We Hardly Knew Ye"

3 Likes

Love this!

5 Likes

Without Bonzo, there is no hope.

2 Likes

The GOP is desperate to survive because of demographic trends. Trump showed them his playbook. There is no price to pay for disregarding traditional norms and fair play. Grab what you can whenever you can. Never compromise. Never apologize.

15 Likes

Don’t worry. The way things are going the US will break apart into a bunch of pieces the same way the USSR did.

Won’t be going that way forever. We’ll muddle through.

7 Likes

“Drive it like you stole it” was one of the mottos of the bush (the lesser) admin.

6 Likes

TX I’m just not as optimistic as you. I think we’re coming to the end of 50 states in a single union.

1 Like

They’re gonna crucify me!

Btw some of the accompanying footage is misleading. This record was cut several months after the Let It Be session clips seen in the video and actually after the Abbey Road sessions had begun, but during a break, and only Lennon & McCartney were in the studio for the recording. Harrison & Starr had nothing to do with it. It was their final #1 hit, in the UK at least. It was banned on many US stations for the crucifixion reference. Yeah, we’ve always been stupid.

9 Likes

I will refrain from posting gross images of a scatological nature here to describe my disgust with these politicians. And by disgust, I mean the gerrymandering yahoos in Pennsylvania and the two Democratic incumbents who think this rigging of the system is just fine.

3 Likes

The USSR was never a natural fit as a nation, just Russia and a bunch of conquered or puppet nation-states.

11 Likes

Tx if you heard the callers I deal with every day who absolutely hate other parts of the country you’d know why I’m very pessimistic that we may not get to a 250th birthday in 2026…

4 Likes

I think that was @txlawyer ‘s point

8 Likes

It’s the same dynamic that exists in every state in the country. In PA, it’s Philly and Pittsburgh. In KY, it’s Louisville and Lexington. Nevada has Vegas keeping it sane. And on and on. What determines whether a state is blue or red is mostly whether or not the city dwellers can outvote the more rural areas. Rural folks mostly vote to hurt the very cities they depend on to keep the lights on. It’s maddening.

33 Likes

Yep.

18 Likes

Technically neither a nation nor a country, but a forced union or confederacy, made up of many nations distributed among many titular republics to approximate past Russian empires, effectively extended to eastern European countries after WWII via the enforced Warsaw Pact. Neither was ever going to last, but Bald Stalin still seems determined to have another go at it.

13 Likes

That would be me. Spent 18 months at Ft Hood.

6 Likes