Pennsylvania GOPers Now Seek Personal Information From Voters In Sham ‘Audit’ | Talking Points Memo

Just a minor side issue. While the pols play their games the Earth, an actual intelligent being, is considering the idea of recycling the atoms of the failed human race.

1 Like
1 Like

Not enough leafy green veggies.

1 Like

I thought lists of registered voters and whether they voted in each election was public information. Ditto driver’s licenses (and names and addresses) Partial SSN is a big no no, but most of what they’ve subpoenaed is available in most states to anyone who can stump a couple hundred bucks in copying fees.

Can any PA voters clarify what is the usual availability of the data they’re subpoenaing?

Some of this information may already be available, as you say, but there may be data they want that is not public. Additionally they want records of any communications between the state and the counties. It’s difficult to imagine what they think they will find. And what distinguishes the most recent election from any other? What justifies the investigation, other than a bald assertion that there must have been improper conduct for Trump to have lost? Can we hope there will be suits initiated by voters to curtail the legislature’s fishing expedition?

2 Likes

Who in turn plan to hand it over to ?? some version of Cyber Ninjas. (Who came up with “Cyber Ninjas”? It sounds like a group of 12 year olds.)

1 Like

yea we Quaker Staters need to be active and not passive on this crap. I value my personal information. The R’s are abridging my rights!

2 Likes

registered voters’ names, addresses, driver’s licenses and partial social security numbers from last November.

Senate officials indicated that the personal information from voters would be turned over to an unnamed private company that would proceed with the review.

the yet-to-be-identified private company would receive compensation from taxpayer dollars

UnFUCKING believable. This from the members of the party that proclaimed that ‘GOVERNMENT IS the PROBLEM’. At the time I thought them to be idiots, but who knew how prescient they would be.

3 Likes

Sadly, if we still have a Democratic governor, they will let the onus to pay any judgements fall on the state; it just makes it easier to force said Democratic governor into raising taxes.

They could at least get blood and urine samples…
and semen, where applicable.

Sue them.

1 Like

Some of the information is already public: names, addresses, district/precinct information, maybe even telephone numbers. Whether or not a ballot was cast in previous elections is there, too (although the actual votes cast are not, of course).

The (partial) SSN and D/L numbers are not public. People should get together and file a class action suit against the state Senate as a body and against the Republican individual members in their capacity as elected officials. The public information is public–they can give that to anyone who requests it, even an asshat group like Cyberninja.

5 Likes

There you go. Democrats should have the lawsuits already filed.

This is bs and there should be demonstrations and ads fighting this threat to privacy for a proven lie. Trump lost, there was no fraud or vote manipulation or Italian satellites. The only fraud is Trump and his vile lies.

If you don’t give people more than it’s wrong you can’t change anything. We need changes. We need to delegitimize the gop and their fascism, stop letting them drive the narrative and the arguments and reasons.

2 Likes

Eye bleach please.

3 Likes

Nothing screams free and fair election like putting every voter on the hot seat to explain his or her vote.

2 Likes

Man, I could go for an Italian Sub right now.

All of 'em, Katie.

How can this be legal, asking - no, issuing subpoenas - for voters personal information to give to a 3rd party? If I lived and voted in PA I would pursue a lawsuit. This can’t be legal.

1 Like

Forget the name, address, etc. but I would be happy to send them a dick pic.

Erect, of course; to show them what it’s like to have one.

If anyone comes to your door about your voting record, make sure you have the ACLU
on speed dial.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available