Pennsylvania GOPers Now Seek Personal Information From Voters In Sham ‘Audit’ | Talking Points Memo

Pennsylvania state Senate Republicans on Wednesday took their long-delayed “audit” of the 2020 election results up a notch by authorizing subpoenas for personal information on every registered voter in the commonwealth.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1387520

They just wanted to make it clear that they hate free elections as much as they hate fair ones.

35 Likes

The corruption implied in this is incredible.

41 Likes

Identity theft coming up in 3…2…1

33 Likes

“There is no evidence that Mrs. Hornsuckle voted for Democrats in the last election. She says she did, her husband is on record as saying she did, we have the ballot she ‘allegedly’ cast…but there is no proof that she voted for Democrats! We must have accountability!”

14 Likes

What, no blood type, shoe size, or favorite sexual position?

Slackers…

19 Likes

Technically it all needs to be posted to the dark web prior to the identity theft, but yeah exactly.

4 Likes

I’m a PA resident and my personal information will be handed over to these maroons in the legislature. Pennsylvania has the second largest legislature in the US and they do just about nothing each legislative session. Now, the R’s want to use tax dollars to fund a sham “audit” of an election that was settled in 2020.

27 Likes

Not a privacy or security issue at all.

But a “Vaccine Passport”?

Never, never, never.

Because privacy.

31 Likes

Assholes. They will corrupt the voting machine’s security and have to pay for new ones, they will fail to protect the data and every voter in the state could have his/her identity stolen, and the taxpayers will pay for the “audit”, making them pay three times for another GOP witch hunt. Assholes.

16 Likes

This is the part where the GQP goes out on the tiny thin limb for their most die-hard base, only to discover that they’ve royally pissed off most of their members.

26 Likes

Just because one douchebag cannot understand that he lost because people hate him, senator Douche (did I spell that correctly) will set up a surveillance state.

10 Likes

I sure hope so, but sometimes it’s tough to figure out where the face-eating leopard line is.

10 Likes

Clearly this is a phishing expedition if ever there was one. It needs to be stopped as an unlawful invasion of privacy.

13 Likes

I hope they’re going to ask about abortions too. /s

4 Likes

They want to subpoena PRIVATE VOTER information? Is that right? FK 'em…

9 Likes

No, it’s much, much worse. This is all going to turn out to have been an elaborate scheme by a timeshare marketing company.

12 Likes

As long as it’s not an essential oils multi-level marketing company, we can survive this.

19 Likes

AAAAAHH!! It’s the melaleuca people again, isn’t it?

I withdraw my previous recommendation to restrict access to the armaments lockers.

7 Likes

So is the thinly veiled intimidation factor: ‘We know who you are, and where you live, and we are watching…’ How many minority and other voters will think twice about voting in the future?

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available