Pence Vows ‘Safe Inauguration’ For Swearing-In Of POTUS- And VP-Elect | Talking Points Memo

So Pence is the defacto president now?
Why not make it official and use the 25th?

10 Likes

He’s making a show of it, at any rate. That counts for something. Anyone disavowing Trump -even if indirectly- is a step in the right direction.

And as soon as we’re finished with him, kick him to the curb.

6 Likes

Mother Pence is the only one who can curb her dog.

3 Likes

lMaybe this is why:

10 Likes

Ivanka Trump is “not expected” to attend President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration next week, NBC News reported Wednesday afternoon, citing a White House official.

That is also the opinion of the knowledgeable political insiders at Vanity Fair, People and InStyle.

Among her reasons for not attending the inauguration: “Ivanka is worried that her promising political career is in jeopardy and she’s doing whatever she can to save her reputation.”

8 Likes

We need to figure out what imam radicalized these people. Was it Franklin Graham, Falwell Jr., or one of the others. I wonder if they can be deprogrammed.

7 Likes

Go Billy!, Go Billy!
I got my hopes up when I read Billy Long,
but it was some guy in WI.

1 Like

hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Thanks.

Let’s look at the flip side: the Whiner in Chief listened to that briefing during a break during his “many meetings and many phone calls” that would last from “early in the morning until late at night” and gnashed his dental implants in anger.

5 Likes

Watched them all. An aimless destructive mob for the most part. Interesting that there don’t seem to be shots of the guys in full paramilitary garb carrying wrist restraints and weapons. Just the few already shown. Those jerks probably were a little more careful about getting on-line exposure before they grabbed their hostages.

3 Likes

It was all of them, plus thousands of jake leg preachers in store fronts and combo church-shooting ranges all over the south and the southwest.

5 Likes

That’s so generous of him.

Ever the pessimist, I am obliged to remind: folks forgot after Nixon, folks forgot after Bush I, folks forgot after Bush II…

2 Likes

My son and daughter both live in DC. I live about 15 miles north in MD. My daughter has to report to work (she’s a nurse) and my son has been required to go into the office 2-3 times a week for a few months (he works near the Capitol). This military takeover of our city is heartbreaking, if necessary, but my kids (they are adults) still have to get to work and find a place to park and walk safely into their places of work. There are real people here trying to do their jobs. This is a living, breathing city, and this is unforgivable. People forget that DC is a city, with real people living in it. I am furious.

14 Likes

Self-destruction is such a beautiful thing.

3 Likes

I think she bugged out after the impeachment vote.
On again, off again.

3 Likes

well, “hopefully” this go around won’t be so easy to forget.
it’s different this time, right in our faces right here at home.
with a lot of damage.

1 Like

Pence is a damned bore.

2 Likes

“On the other hand,” he continued, “that new Jew in the Senate gonna die.” Then he pulls out a Glock, puts a MAGA hat on backwards, and marches purposefully into the darkness.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available