Pence Vows ‘Safe Inauguration’ For Swearing-In Of POTUS- And VP-Elect | Talking Points Memo

Vice President Mike Pence on Thursday vowed “an orderly transition” and “safe inauguration” for President-elect Joe Biden and VP-elect Kamala Harris next week during a Federal Emergency Management Agency briefing.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1354801
1 Like

On the sedition scale of zero to Trump, he’s still the Vice Trump.

23 Likes

The American people deserve nothing less.”

we didn’t deserve the last 4 years. Hopefully the voters will not ever forget what the gop is capable of when in power. destroying a country is not a good job qualification…

30 Likes

The process has not been safe up to now, Mike.

15 Likes

I’m supposed to be reassured by anything Mike Pence says?

33 Likes

Pence vows a safe inauguration. We all know what Pence’s vows are worth.

12 Likes

Not really.

3 Likes

Hey soon-to-be-former VP Pence, it would mean a lot more if you would just admit that you and the Insurrectionist-in-Chief lost a free, fair, and in no way fraudulent election and that Biden and Harris will be the entirely legitimate President and Vice President, chosen by a strong majority of American voters.

I won’t be holding my breath for you to do the right thing,

15 Likes

“We all lived through that day of January the 6th, and — as the President made clear yesterday — we are committed to an orderly transition and to a safe inauguration,” Pence said.

Boot licking ass kisser to the end

18 Likes

To ensure a safe inauguration, Ivanka should be required to attend as a hostage to good behavior. Pence is scheduled to attend, but I’m afraid that only adds another target to an already target-rich environment.

2 Likes

Although Trump sent a mob to lynch Pence, they are on speaking terms again.

12 Likes

OT - but chilling. The first video raises all kinds of questions.

12 Likes

O/T

This would have really, really, helpful if Rex had talked about this before the election, or the midterms, or even after he got fired.

15 Likes

It’s almost as if he didn’t hear them chanting, “Hang Mike Pence! Hang Mike Pence! Hang Mike Pence!”

12 Likes

Has Mikey been taking ventriloquism lessons in his spare time? I can’t believe he was able to say all of those words with Trump’s miniscule balls still lodged all the way down his throat.

4 Likes

She was planning to be there the last I looked.

1 Like

These little contretemps will happen…

3 Likes

Not if you’re sentient.

3 Likes

I suspect that, if interviewed once the Inauguration is complete, Mike Pence will admit that the election was full and fair and in no way fraudulent. Why do I say this? Because he’ll still have Secret Service protection and will no longer need to ever share space with the pathological liar he secretly loathes. He just needs to be interviewed. If interviewed and asked about this, I will be disappointed if he keeps up the bullshit, because it will mean that he still hopes to be POTUS himself and will be willing to stoop to the low, low bar of the Deplorable/Rube base.

5 Likes

Mr. Vice President,

Safe for whom?

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available