Pelosi Says That EC Vote Will Continue Wednesday Once Capitol Is Cleared For Use | Talking Points Memo

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) announced in a letter to members of the House that the Congress’ counting the Electoral College votes would resume on Wednesday night once the was Capitol was deemed safe for use.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1352846

Rock and roll, Madam Speaker. Don’t forget to get your office chair fumigated.

23 Likes

By the way, do we have a Ted Cruz statement on today’s events? Jes’ wondering.

Meanwhile, the stuff I am reading is wild, I don’t want to use that word now, but lack of better drives me to it.

The discussion on Pence was the one who released the DOD to send the guard is particularly fascinating.

8 Likes

And remember to put the claymores facing the enemy.

2 Likes

So what is the turtle saying about the senate?

7 Likes

Think he is off washing that small furry animal that lives on his chin.

2 Likes

Is it just me? or does she seem, kind of, Presidential?

12 Likes

she seems awesome, whatever she does,

9 Likes

His attempt to not look like Mr. Haney on Green Acres?

3 Likes

I think you’re dissing Mr. Haney. Cruz is not quite a Bond villain, maybe a Bond villains henchman?

3 Likes

Dismayed that the Capitol, our people’s Capitol, was invaded and looted; proud that the Congress will do its job. Really it’s only Hawley and Cruz that are on the very highest rung of my shit list today.

5 Likes

I think of Mr. Haney every time I hear the man speak. If I had a voice and accent like that, I would have spent a lot of effort cultivating it away. But then I am not even sure that voice is real or just something he does to appeal to the rubes here in Texas.

1 Like

That has been described as a de facto invocation of the 25th amendment.

4 Likes

He has retreated so far into his shell that no one can see or hear him.

4 Likes

Let’s have the vote. The Republican Party needs to be destroyed. It is not just today but there willingness to accept the past four years (one can actually say the past 60 years of lies). Enough.

11 Likes

I can definitely see him playing it up or down, depending on his audience. My sincerest wish is for Cruz and Hawley to get censured, at the very least, and would hope for a much stiff consequence. Both of these guys know better, but they chose not to act better.

8 Likes

The only statement I want to hear from Ted Cruz is a short two words: “I resign.”

5 Likes

That’s letting him off to easily. I want to hear him admit his complicity in a court of law. Along with Hawley, of course.

1 Like

Couldn’t be more proud of her. I thought they might delay, but this is the right decision.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available