Pelosi Plans To Appoint Kinzinger To Jan. 6 Committee Following GOP Walkout | Talking Points Memo

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) on Sunday said it’s her “plan” to tap Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) for the House select committee investigating the events of Jan. 6, days after Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) withdrew all five of the Republicans he chose for the panel.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1382242
2 Likes

Master chess champ makes her next move. Your turn, Qevin.

80 Likes

There’s no way I would tolerate their antics as we seek the truth,” Pelosi said.

This distills the current R party down to their essence - a bunch of middle school class clowns, acting out in pursuit of affirmation from their hero, a sociopathic man-toddler.

103 Likes

Those GOP God-humpers, Trump-suckers, baby-rapers, and motherfuckers will simply never understand that she’s smarter and tougher than ANY OF THEM.

71 Likes

And every time she prove that fact, it pisses them off so much they wet their pants.

30 Likes

115 Likes

Well, here I must reference The Borowitz Report, which once again illustrates how truth, these days, is looking more and more like satire:

55 Likes

This is going to be epic. These two Republicans will be the STFU caucus; batting down each crazed position raised by the Trump cultists.

26 Likes

I was so disheartened a year and a half ago to hear my mom had bought into the deepfake video of Nancy supposedly slurring her words, and saying if she becomes President that the USA is over. I tried to convince her she wasn’t running for President but her facebook sources had convinced her otherwise.

47 Likes

Now that he has been retired to grift campaign funds and herd Republicans, one wonders if the former guy has time to golf.

15 Likes

“so brain-damaged by COVID”

Good one! Perhaps off-party Dems and Libs need to start spreading the meme that the only reason that former guy, the two-time loser, thinks he’s still the president is due to COVID-induced brain damage. (The Democratic Party goes high, but we’ve got more ‘freedom’.)

Why not? The Q-nuts and *rumpistas are still going on and on about Biden’s “senility.”

23 Likes

AnoTher DemoCraT on the PaneL? I,thought Libtards wanteD bipartisanship.

39 Likes

#deza (RUS disinformation) is real.

15 Likes

Excellent. Pelosi beats them at their game again. And Kinzinger is a worthy choice.

40 Likes

Ron Johnson was on one of the Sunday news programs repeatedly bemoaning how all the Democratic efforts weren’t bipartisan.

Fuck him.

44 Likes

Two times.

7 Likes

Facebook is a red flag for the onset of dementia and a host of other mental disorders.

24 Likes

She used to be a proud Democrat and now she’s a Trumper. If she weren’t my mom I’d never speak to her again.

31 Likes

I guess that I’m lucky in that regard. My elderly mother lives with me. She watches what I watch, and even enjoys Joy Reid, Anderson Cooper, Don Lemon, and the like.

She still says that she’s a Republican, but only because she’s always been one. These days, she’s a Republican in name only. During the 2020 primaries, she even wrote in Andrew Cuomo’s name as a protest vote because she loved his daily COVID press briefings.

45 Likes

If only Nancy would appoint Hillary…

20 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available