Pelosi Names First Director For Office Of Whistleblower Ombudsman

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has named an official director for the newly established House Office of the Whistleblower Ombudsman.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1291476

Who to attack first? Pelosi, Devine, the Ukraine scheme whistle-blower, Democrats in general?

10 Likes

I’d be happier if she announced plans for new articles of impeachment based on tRumps statements over the last 2 weeks.

5 Likes

Good move. I predict that as Trump’s behavior worsens, and the Dem’s presidential chances strengthen, there will be many whistle-blowers and whistle blower-esque people spilling the beans to the public.

18 Likes

“There has long been a bipartisan commitment to protecting the voices of those who speak the truth…"

In the Trump Era, everything is like a fortune cookie.

At the end of every self-evident truth, you have to say “…when the president’s a Democrat”.

28 Likes

Should be a grand old time in the Oval Trailer this weekend.

Pelosi names a whistleblower Ombudsman.
No more McCabe investigation.
No Vindman investigation.
Billy Barr isn’t taking him to prom.
Mike Bloomberg being an actual billionaire.

late edit: Oh yeah, this too…

28 Likes

I suspect that office is going to be a very busy place.

8 Likes

Not “in bed…with the Russians”?

5 Likes

Equal opportunity revanchist bully will have a new person to attack…but kudos to Pelosi for shoring up support and protection for whistleblowers!

4 Likes

I should think the prom date rejection will cut closest to the bone. Current Occupant gave that guy his school letter jacket and everything.

8 Likes

It’s amazing that we have reached the point that whistleblowers need extra protection from our government…but here we are. Hopefully the people in the government aren’t too scared to come forward anymore, the threats against the Ukraine whistleblower would probably make anyone nervous. Which was the entire point of course…after all, the Trump dictatorship doesn’t want anyone in the government talking about what is really going on, because if Americans learned the reality odds are the dictator would be gone. They need to keep the lid on past November to keep control, after that they literally can do whatever they want.

11 Likes

In-other-words; Madame Speaker has just said: "Fruk with me NOW."

8 Likes

There is no need for whistleblowers because Trump is perfect.:face_vomiting:

1 Like

Agree. We need to know what the Ombudsman’s job description is, what are channels of communication between whistleblowers and Congress, how much power does this person have to protect whistleblowers from the likes of Rand Paul, et al.
Overall, it is a good thing.

5 Likes

OT, but I wonder what kind of whistleblowing is yet to come?

Wisdom light years beyond GOP Senate comprehension…

“While the defendant may have tried to hide behind legal terms and a suit and tie,” the statement said, “the jury clearly saw the defendant’s scheme for what it was – an old fashioned shakedown.”

5 Likes

m.

Avenatti came out the box taking names and kicking Arse,how far he has fallen and how fast it happened.

3 Likes

Yes. At least it suggests that there’ll be some kind of conduit through which the House can organize, prioritize and act (re-act).

They seem to be trying to get in front of and block Trump’s way of icing those who would tell the truth about his actions.

There must be lots of people who have a wealth of information that would expose this tyrant.

7 Likes

I expect that this position was created to create a safe place for whistleblowers to file their complaints without having to worry about having their identities revealed. There should be a long line leading to this office, I hope.

9 Likes

This is at the bottom of why the moron attacked Soleimani. But did he stop to offer condolences to the family of the young man who died in Iraq. You know the answer.

It has been almost three weeks since Nawres Waleed Hamid, a naturalized citizen who grew up in Iraq, became the latest American to die in the United States’ nearly two-decade-long military entanglement in the Middle East. His death in a rocket attack in December in Kirkuk, where he was working as a translator for the American military, was quickly seized upon by President Trump, touching off a chain of events that for several days set the world on edge.

An Iran-backed militia was blamed for Mr. Hamid’s death, and President Trump responded by ordering the killing of a prominent Iranian general, prompting retaliatory missile strikes by Iran against American troops inside Iraq.

2 Likes

Hubris brings down another man who flew too close to the Sun.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available