Pelosi Names First Director For Office Of Whistleblower Ombudsman

The reporting here doesn’t do justice to the fuller and longer story. People’s hopes are way up, always a good thing to bring to a new endeavor

@AM_PM

3 Likes

…and in unrelated news, Barr has appointed an independent prosecutor to investigate the Director for Office of Whistleblower Ombudsman.

5 Likes

Nothing forced him to start dipping into client funds. Once that started he was like a gambler kiting checks to cover his losses.

2 Likes

Agreed, but to over-use a cliche: Buckle up buttercup, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

Assuming the United States is still around (and still a Democracy) I suspect a whole bunch of new laws will be written and passed to codify in the U.S.C. what use to be accepted norms that were De facto but not De jure.

Until the election of the Con Man they were not needed…

1 Like

This is important as it establishes the Chief administrator over whistleblowers reports directly to Congress rather than going through the administration, thereby shortcircuiting any possibility of political interference except before full committees of Congress, which, if handled as publicly as possible, would serve the system well.

3 Likes

yes

2 Likes

We need to issue every DOJ employee a really big, loud whistle. Let’s see, at about 110,000 employees, we’d need about 785 gross. Who’s putting in the order?

Seriously :crazy_face:

1 Like

I vote for a simple response: send a very public “Get Well Soon” card.

3 Likes

So, previously there was no mechanism for getting anonymous reports of abuse to the right places? Wait… … … this is supposed to be the planet’s leading government, not amateur hour.

What is title 53 reserved for?

“Title 53 is a work in progress intended at this time for Small Business matters but has not yet had legislation approved for it so at this time the legislation is reserved”

Congress = House and/or Senate?

“Title 53 is a work in progress intended at this time for Small Business matters but has not yet had legislation approved for it so at this time the legislation is reserved.”
… … … …

I’m sure my migraines would be worse if I had been a lawyer and had to spend time trying to figure out what that sentence meant.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available