Pelosi Calls Stone Commutation ‘An Act Of Staggering Corruption’ | Talking Points Memo

Just in case it hasn’t been linked to here, and even if it has, Mueller has finally spoken:

3 Likes

lol me too
I just wish 300 million more people feel the same way come election day.
that would be a perfect way to ruin the rest of the trumps family history for all eternity
except of course, Mary.

3 Likes

Your overt sexism and ageism are highly unattractive.

Just getting even with lgb after taking a cheap shot at me up thread. And @paulw like it. So it’s a win-win as they say. But while we’re on the subject, will Pelosi give up her leadership position in 2021, or is it not the “right time” as there’s too much at stake and only 80 year old Nancy can handle the House leadership responsibilities for the Biden administration as she guides Joe to take the middle incremental approach b/c it’s worked so well before. Never mind the Bernie populism talk Joe. And the 2018 Blue Wave girls, they’ll just have to wait.

If you mean that as a swipe at Pelosi, I retract my like. So please don’t drag me into your spat.

4 Likes

Addendum:

In response to Roger Stone’s commutation…

Mueller’s OpEd in Wapo:

…But I feel compelled to respond both to broad claims that our investigation was illegitimate and our motives were improper, and to specific claims that Roger Stone was a victim of our office. The Russia investigation was of paramount importance. Stone was prosecuted and convicted because he committed federal crimes. He remains a convicted felon, and rightly so.

3 Likes

So I’ve heard this theory twice now and it seems very plausible to me and that is this after Donald Trump is an elected as president for a second term. And if the Senate and House of Representatives by Ed Sheeran majority is Democrat it is possible to impeach a president that is no longer in office. Impeaching to make sure that he cannot run for president or any other elected office again. The fear is that he will rain again in 2024 and we cannot just have that. It is imperative that we put safeguards in place to keep him from ever running for president again. Think about it and Nancy do something and get off your keisters and pass some rules for Congress you don’t need senates approval or the presidents approval to put more teeth Into your abilities to govern and have subpoena power, or are you afraid that it might have a backlash on a Democrat down the road. Stop being chicken and do something. We’ve heard everyone preaching about the lack of respect shown for Congress from this White House, well why don’t you have enough self respect for your governing body to pass the rules that has some teeth put a little fear back into the rule of law of Congress. No one will ever respect that body unless they learn to respect themselves.

Yes because if there is one thing recent events have taught us all it’s that lying to Congress is definitely a crime punishable by heavy fines and serious prison time, and absolutely not a competitive sport rewarded with praise, respect and lucrative media deals.

2 Likes

That’s a ridiculous theory. Trump would be 82 in 2024…if he is still alive. He is already in a mental and physical decline, that will continue, if not accelerate, over the next 8 years.

And the idea of the GOP nominating an 82 year Trump, who would have by that point been responsible for the loss of the House majority, the Senate majority, numerous state legislatures and governorships, as well as the WH…AND presided over a pandemic that will have killed hundreds of thousands and wrecked the economy…is beyond absurd.

Just to make even clearer…Cotton WILL be running in 2024, and he is already taking veiled shots at Trump and presenting himself as a smarter, younger model of the same authoritarian drive. He will have no problem with beating Trump upside the head daily in a primary, hell he’ll do it with relish.

People have got to stop letting the boogeyman of Donald Trump Forever live rent free in their heads.

4 Likes

Yes, and how many years has congress had to be working on the subject of pardons and clemency’s?
We have had that trump threat forever in his presidency. Big talk after the action, Pelosi.

Consider what you wish, but you won’t be bored, right?

1 Like

Send Jaime Harrison money. Not just you, but everyone.

3 Likes

Especially, since it is becoming clear that the American voters will deny him a second term. He will want to hurt us.

2 Likes

Really, Darcy, what do you expect Democratic leadership to do?

I think the biggest threat to 45* is Leticia James and 45* can’t pardon himself from state crimes. That power is just not in the Constitution. At all. Anywhere. Period.

2 Likes

I think you misread or misinterpreted jhw’s post.jmho

1 Like

Haven’t you guys heard? The president wore a mask! Try to keep up.

1 Like

The Democrats better make some big changes to what any President can do with pardon’s. This orange monster has used the power given to him to do nothing but cover up his illegal activity!

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Probably, but to be fair, I wasn’t really trying very hard to keep from being misunderstood by people with a knee-jerk reactionary urge to defend Nancy Pelosi from critics to her left.

I would cut her some slack.

Oh, I get it.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available