Pelosi And Other Democrats Jump Into Case That Could Devastate Medicaid - TPM – Talking Points Memo

This is a good piece - about the real big lie, which is the one Republicans have been purporting for about 50 years.

5 Likes

Somehow I don’t recall that she served as President so no, she didn’t.

1 Like

Polls had been tightening for months. She was a lousy candidate who squandered her lead.

3 Likes

And then blame Democrats.

6 Likes

Polls usually tighten some, but those tightened more than usual at the end due to the successful ratfucking campaign. She was by far the best candidate, but she was not a great campaigner. I’m not going to try to guess whether running an absolutely flawless campaign would have overcome the absolutely insane treatment of her by the media (and their insane treatment of DT, but in a completely different way), but really don’t think she could have done much more against those headwinds. The biggest complaint I heard about the campaign was that she didn’t visit a couple of states more times, but even that was largely a media obsession that would have died pretty quickly if they hadn’t harped on it almost as much as EMAILZ.

6 Likes

Oh, for Christ’s sake, in a world of nearly 8 billion people when I say something like “Everyone likes ice cream” do I have to stipulate explicitly that I don’t mean to say that literally every single fucking person likes ice cream? Are we going to be that sophomoric?

@eldonlazar Good for you.

7 Likes

Is this case gonna mess with Medicare as well as Medicaid?
If so the goobers would do well to note that old farts tend to vote in larger percentages than younger folk.

3 Likes

Only when you’re using it to try to refute statements about what kinds of people like ice cream.

Haagen daz Vanilla chocolate chip please.

5 Likes

I still want Hulk-a-Hulk-a-Burning-Fudge to come out… c’mon, Disney, get with B&J to make it happen!

2 Likes

Not to keep this idiocy going but I can’t believe we have this discussion every time the subject of the 2016 election comes up.

4 Likes

Supply chain issues no doubt

1 Like

In the history of humanity, people have believed stupider things. I’m sure you can get there if you try. :wink:

Concise, brief, and mindful.

1 Like

I know, I was shocked to look back and see how little I’d blathered on in that one. :wink:

2 Likes

And of course, if Congress codified everything to the extent required to prevent this court from overturning it, we’d really have the bloated and intrusive government reactionaries campaign against.

5 Likes

Candidate, campaigner. Tomato, tomahto.

A lot of them still do.

6 Likes

Oh, good. Personal abuse. Very persuasive and fills me with admiration for your acumen generally. If we have more of this let’s invite the mods in so they can admire your rhetorical skill as well.

7 Likes

Burn!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available