Oversight Chair Asks Travel Companies To Preserve Records Related To Capitol Riot | Talking Points Memo

House Oversight and Reform Committee Chair Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) sent letters on Thursday to two dozen bus, car rental and hotel companies urging them to prevent domestic terrorists from accessing their services following last week’s insurrection at the U.S. Capitol by a mob of Trump’s supporters. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1354841

Track em down and arrest them. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

25 Likes

And then here are Ghomert and his Rethuglican buddies refusing to be screened for weapons before entering the chamber. These little pissants are just SO special that they will not or cannot abide by the measures that are in place to protect THEM.
There is just no hope that the Republican party can straighten themselves out enough to ever be taken seriously until they have a major purge of morons like these self entitled idiots.
OT. There is a move among some in the NC Republican party to oust Madison Cawthorne, the stupidest of the Freshman Repubs. I wish them very good luck in saving us from 2 years of this embarrassing little freak.

26 Likes

Name:
Mob Status:
Mission:
Bail Bondsman:

11 Likes

It’s funny really, how the deplorebels had / have no clue as to the multitude of ways their treachery could be revealed. Flight info, tollbooth cameras, hotel reservations, rental cars, train tickets, CCTV, etc., etc., etc…

27 Likes

Oooooooh, the dragnet is tightening!

17 Likes

They track them down, arrest them, send them to court for an arraignment and then let the worst of the worst far right agitators with no compunction at breaking federal and state laws out on their own recognizance. Someone tell me how that makes sense while they’re loading up the US Capitol and State Capitols with law enforcement and more National Guard troops everyday. Makes no sense.

Saw J. Marshall tweet that the guy that carried the zip-tie handcuffs was let go by the judge too. Outrageous.

23 Likes

“Trump supporters chartered scores of buses and vans and drove in caravans to the nation’s capital. They stayed in D.C. hotels, with videos showing attackers relaxing in the lobby of one hotel after the insurrection,” she added.
Caravans? Wasn’t Trump supposed to protect us from them?
They also need to look at the flight logs from those “economically aggrieved” folks who took chartered planes.

11 Likes

…Airbnb, credit cards, ATMs, cell phone records…

Few things they can try to hide.

14 Likes

The more this is investigated, the more will be revealed of the fact that this was a massive operation, financed by billionaires, with collusion from some law enforcement, active assistance by GOP members of Congress, and additional funds from abroad, most likely Russia using other offshore sites as a cutout.

22 Likes

Sure, but these are the same people who’ve expressed opinions like: ‘Donnie invited me to Congress;’ breaking into Congress and looking to kill elected representatives isn’t against the law; leaving $.25 for the correspondence of the leader o the House of Representatives is somehow adequate rumeneration.
Really, there’s a general failure of understanding here.

6 Likes

And above all, the incredibly incriminating social media posts / videos the idiots posted, bragging about their seditious acts.

You really can’t fix stupid.

10 Likes

Also read Shaman man has asked Trump for a pardon.

7 Likes

Yep. I’ll beat a sizable subset think if they take down their social media stuff, they’re in the clear… Wayback machine, suckers…

They’re all about to find out how wrong they’ve been about everything.

10 Likes

They might have had better luck avoiding identification if their own lunacy hadn’t induced them to refuse to wear facemasks.

Plus, all that cell phone usage: because the Capitol is a huge granite and marble edifice that blocks signals, there was installed powerful Wi fi and repeaters in the basement. Every signal will have been picked up, available for analysis.

14 Likes

No, but you can neuter it.

7 Likes

And the location of the pickups there will be incredibly precise thanks to triangulation.

6 Likes

Superfluous, but I admire the sentiment…

4 Likes

I applaud all these actions. The Insurrectionists have to be and will be persecuted to the fullest extent of American law. I do think that in light of what we have heard, all the states Capitals and citizens should be protected under similar controls; i.e. AirBnb cancelling reservations.

4 Likes

About time!

Hazard pay?

22 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available