Over 150,000 Signatures On Petition To Change Street In Front Of Trump Tower To ‘Obama Ave’

Over 150,000 people have signed a petition to rename the New York City street upon which Trump Tower is located to “President Barack H. Obama Avenue.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1242787

Cosign.

11 Likes

Makes sense since Obama’s already living rent free in the top floor of tRump’s tower.

23 Likes

“Hope is eternal.”

Send that petition my way!!!

11 Likes

To be fair, it’s not that exclusive, more like part of a timeshare that Hillary uses most of the year.

13 Likes

And when a female beats him in the next election. Double-whammy. Just think, all the news media will have to write, “Beat by a woman.” Oh, how sweet that would be.

17 Likes

I didn’t say the whole floor. It’s mostly vacant anyways.

11 Likes

World class trolling. :smile:

12 Likes

the petitioner, Elizabeth Rowan

Nicest person ever or nicest nice person ever?

But unfortunately for Rowan, the honoree of a street name needs to be dead for at least two years. “These laws are arbitrary and can be worked around,” she told Newsweek.

This, however, is worrisome. She sounds a bit like Trump.

3 Likes

This is without a doubt my favorite story of the month…

7 Likes

Give it a year and they can name the street after John McCain instead. I like Obama more, but it would irk Trump just as much, I suspect.

17 Likes

If they can’t name the street after Pres. Obama, perhaps they can name the local sewer line after Trump. Maybe even spray paint a big, red “Trump” on the pipes the next time there is a repair.

7 Likes

Too bad it can’t happen now. tRump probably won’t even get a sewer system named after him.
@libthinker didn’t read yours before I posted mine.

7 Likes

Great minds . . . (and other self-flattery . . . )

5 Likes

Technically, it could be named after Obama’s father. (He has been dead for more than 2 years.)

9 Likes

He’ll just resort to calling her President Pocahontas.

7 Likes

I can live with that.

10 Likes

Brilliant.

1 Like

I’d prefer “Harriet Tubman Ave”.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available