Ouch: Trumpworld Reportedly Rejects Gaetz’s Request For Meeting With Ex-POTUS

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), who is currently being investigated by the feds over allegations of sex trafficking involving a 17-year-old, seems to have found himself kicked out of his idolized leader’s orbit.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1369111
1 Like

Thump, thump goes the bus. Of course they would all deny that Gaetz asked for a blanket pardon but let’s consider how often they tell the truth.

33 Likes

Harbor Freight, the retailer of shitty, single-use tools, won’t take his calls either. Company spokesman Harry Balzac said, “A man’s gotta have standards.”

22 Likes

Not so much as being a pedo but getting caught in unforgivable.

9 Likes

"Matt? Matt who? Didn’t he bring coffee to the campaign back in 2016? Not sure I ever talked to him…

21 Likes

Unsurprisingly, Donnie’s concerned about guilt by association.
It’s dissonant, though, as he has enough guilt for his own actions to keep several DAs offices fully employed.
And it’s not like there aren’t spools of tape about him and Mattie.

9 Likes

And his dream of being Trump’s own personal Spiro Agnew in 2024 flies away like a spirit in the night.

21 Likes

To bad for Gaetz, but I am sure there is some other GOP suckophant just waiting to take his place in front of Trump.

6 Likes

This is the top story this morning? Really?

6 Likes

“[i]t must also be remembered that he has totally denied the accusations against him.”

Also known as the “Putin Defense”.

14 Likes

“They are lying” now meaning “I am lying”…Orwell missed that one.

12 Likes

ANYTHING to do with the Orange Troll is fake .

Well, this was predictable. E. Jean Carroll’s civil suit is out there, as is the dress she wore that day, which was black, not blue, but similar in other ways. Ghislaine Maxwell sits in prison as the charges mount up. I could go on, but let’s just say when it comes to palling around with other notables accused of sexual crimes Trump finds he’s busy that day, maybe some other time.

36 Likes

Trump defended Gaetz last week: “Innocent until proven guilty”. I wonder why he didn’t say the same thing about Hillary, as his crowds of scum chanted “Lock her up. Lock her up.” If hypocrisy were a crime, our jails would be filled with Republicans instead of dark-skinned druggies and petty thieves.

21 Likes

Another one (Gaetz) bites the dust.

With Trump, loyalty only ever goes in one direction.

5 Likes

Said he’s totally denied it. Said the same thing about Putin. In the bamboozlement universe Trump tries to construct with the hot air billowing from his fetid mouth, this equates with innocence, the “strongly” denial. And yet he doesn’t want to be seen with the young fellow! Huh. :thinking:

14 Likes

So is DeSantis part of this? What an unholy trinity this is…

22 Likes

I hope the latest Cornyn assholery gets a post this morning.
Republicans are becoming less relevant and more stupid with each passing day.

9 Likes

My top news story–

I’M GETTING JABBED AT LUNCH

My town got persuaded, in part by an organized group of my friends, to reverse its stance and will start giving the JandJ vaccine to homebound residents today.

53 Likes

OT and you’d think people would be a little smarter, what with the Chauvin trial about to enter its third week (this was in a Minneapolis suburb):

Protesters clash with police after officer fatally shoots driver during traffic stop (msn.com)

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available