One Month Closer To The 2022 Midterms, It’s (Maybe) A Deal | Talking Points Memo

You wish it were so.

I think you can. I think Schumer should create a second version of both bills, but one in which all funds that might have gone to WV are redirected to AK, and then tell Manchin and Murkowski that he’s going to bring up the original for vote first, and if it fails, he’ll bring up the AK-favoring one. Then let each one whip the votes. See who has more friends.
This actually works with WV, because the other senator is a trumpanzee, and no one cares if she gets fucked over. It doesn’t work as well for Sinema and AZ because the other AZ senator is a Dem.

2 Likes

Senator (Koch Industries) is more popular among Republicans than among Democrats. I suspect those Republicans will still vote for the Republican.

9 Likes

Enough of this! Both of you just scat!

4 Likes

Whoever is paying her.

7 Likes

OK. I’m pooped, anyway.

3 Likes

“In my state there’s no point in a rail system as there isn’t a single place worth going to.”

• Tommy (“Hell no I ain’t gonna pick my own…”) Cotton
1 Like

Her posturing is absolutely moronic. She faces reelection when the Presidency is also up for grabs. It’s in her critical self-interest that the administration be seen as effective and successful to bring out thankful Democratic voters.

She can’t win if Biden’s agenda fails, so she needs to be doing everything she can to help it succeed. Whoever is advising her is less competent than Trump.

8 Likes

Shit just got real.

1 Like

Gold plating? This shitter is less full of shit than Tom Cotton.

2 Likes

But it doesn’t just help large urban areas. Light rail and busing helps rural areas too small for an airport, too. Trucking just isn’t the best way to get goods from place to place, and rural rail networks that incorporate light rail make moving things to market easier even when they’re not massive enough to need rail freight.

3 Likes

Her official name is “Preening Phony”.

4 Likes

Doesn’t pass the smell test  ; - )

I may have crossed threads…lol… sorry
@dannydorko

1 Like

Bunch’a shit going round here.

I can’t get Effie Trinket from the Hunger Games out of my mind.

2 Likes

The BIF may finally be here.

What’s a BIF? TIA!

Cc @josh_kovensky

So the Dems caved on every thing the GOP wanted; No IRS enforcement, less than the 20% for Transit and on and on and on. Fuck Manchin and Sinema. Now the media is crowing that Bipartisanship works.

She is having protestors at her AZ offices arrested. Not any way to get votes.

1 Like

I fear we must admit we have a Karen among us…

1 Like

What the Hell did she run on? The protesters in the video I watched were on the street, then in a parking lot. Someone put up yellow tape to keep them away from the office building, I’m guessing here. So who put up the tape? Who called to have the police arrest the protesters.

I ask these questions not because I’m trying to explain for her but I need to see the layout of the complex. My congresswoman’s office is in a one story office building located on a cul-de-sac. The office building is like a indoor mini mall with offices on both sides of huge hallway. Protest were tried at her office but it was the owner of the building that called the police. So the protesters were kicked out of the office building, then they set up out side in the parking lot, the owner had the police remove them again off of his property. The city where this building sits states you can’t protest in the street, well there are no sidewalks, so effectively eliminating protests outside her office.
And then she cried harassment because the went to her house. They stayed on the sidewalk and chalked messages on the sidewalk and her driveway. She sent the police because she said the protesters were harassing her and her neighbors.
All of this before Trump ever ran for office.
I don’t think that an publicly elected official should have their offices in a place where protests can’t happen. It defeats the 1st Amendment part of “the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” You because she also doesn’t take meetings with constituents who have a bone to pick with her.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available