One Month Closer To The 2022 Midterms, It’s (Maybe) A Deal | Talking Points Memo

Um, the stinky kind?

1 Like

She will not be da turd by your snarky comments.

3 Likes

OK, build half-a-dozen new interstates in West Virginia and Arizona, and let each one of them carry some version of the names of Manchin and Sinema.

1 Like

I like how the trailing thumbs-up emojis in AOC’s tweet appear to be darker than the stereotypical Caucasian skin tone, and darker than the jaundiced emojis available for use in TPM’s comments, too (:+1: :+1:).

1 Like

In 2024?

2 Likes

fuck them too.

Sinema’s statement, now, is absolute proof that she is an opportunist, an attention seeker and cynical as fuck.

5 Likes

She knows what she is doing, which makes her much, much, worse than a fool.

1 Like

Does she know that her voters are tired of her?

According to the survey, which was conducted from June 28 to July 6th, Sinema is viewed favorably by 38 percent of voters, compared to 47 percent for Kelly and 51 percent for Biden—all of whom were elected in recent years by similar margins to Sinema. (Republican Gov. Doug Ducey’s favorability sits at 44 percent.) The numbers are more stark when you look at the partisan breakdown. Sinema is viewed favorably by just 42 percent of Democrats (with 39 percent viewing her unfavorably), while Kelly, who was elected narrowly last fall, is at 75 percent favorability with just 17 percent viewing him unfavorably. Biden? He’s doing just fine according to Arizona Democrats, with 95 percent viewing him positively.

After voters were read a script linking the filibuster to Republican obstruction, 66 percent of Democrats said that if given the chance in a 2024 Senate primary, they would “vote for a different candidate who would get rid of the filibuster.”

There’s one silver lining in all these numbers for Sinema. The poll also indicates she’s far more popular among Republicans than either Kelly or Biden. More than twice as popular, in fact.

13 Likes

I’m guessing she’d give your comment a perky “thumbs down”.

It’s her go-to move.

4 Likes

Now, now, there’s no fecall for that kind of crap.

5 Likes

Tom Cotton: “Actually, I asked if Chuck is going to gold-plate every rail in the NYC subway system. He’s asking for enough money to do that.”

What a dumb fuck!!! And he thinks he’s being cute with this bullshit.

3 Likes

Thinking of ya :slight_smile:

Abbot Howard Hoffman, better known as Abbie Hoffman, was an American political and social activist who co-founded the Youth International Party and was a member of the Chicago Seven. He was also a leading proponent of the Flower Power movement.

No, Never-Trumpers. It’s not difficult to start a new Party. Have you ever seen the effect of a teeny, tiny, teeny, teeeenyyy hole in a balloon? It’s total.

Abbie would have smoked one before he popped the balloon, but that would have been breaking the law. Funny. Not now… lol

Dump Trump. Please. For Abbie : - )

9 Likes

You wish it were so.

I think you can. I think Schumer should create a second version of both bills, but one in which all funds that might have gone to WV are redirected to AK, and then tell Manchin and Murkowski that he’s going to bring up the original for vote first, and if it fails, he’ll bring up the AK-favoring one. Then let each one whip the votes. See who has more friends.
This actually works with WV, because the other senator is a trumpanzee, and no one cares if she gets fucked over. It doesn’t work as well for Sinema and AZ because the other AZ senator is a Dem.

2 Likes

Senator (Koch Industries) is more popular among Republicans than among Democrats. I suspect those Republicans will still vote for the Republican.

9 Likes

Enough of this! Both of you just scat!

4 Likes

Whoever is paying her.

7 Likes

OK. I’m pooped, anyway.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available