Once You’re In Trump’s GOP, He Won’t Let You Leave Without A Fight - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Embodying his mob boss cosplay to a cartoonish degree, Donald Trump over the weekend went after two of the handful of House Republicans who have opted to leave Congress early because being a member of the House Republican conference has become too annoying. (There are plenty of official reasons for these retirements and resignations, but many of the lawmakers who were once bright-eyed about legislating have also expressed exhaustion with operating in a perpetual state of near-shutdown while ostensibly in the majority.)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1484915

Or, put another way: Fascism does not tolerate dissent.

35 Likes

“Once You’re In Trump’s GOP, He Won’t Let You Leave Without A Fight Being Smeared

FIFY

18 Likes

You know it’s a cult if they won’t let you leave.

35 Likes

31 Likes

Anyone else see Orrin Hatch when first presented with a photo of Ken Buck? Or is it just me

25 Likes

Let the cannibal, face-eating leopards eat their own.

12 Likes

My first thought as well.

8 Likes

21 Likes

This has been his shtick for a very long time, alternating from oily con man or swinish swinger as the occasion seems to require.

16 Likes

It’s like the Captain of the Titanic preventing any crew or passengers from availing themselves of the lifeboats.

13 Likes

“Trump allies plot anti-racism protections — for white people.”

Wordy.

“Trump allies plot racism.”

FIFY. Seriously. The first version is one of a thousand euphemisms and circumlocutions that enable the media not to confront what is actually happening.

15 Likes

Everything Trump Touches Dies.

It’s a rule when you sell your immortal soul. No Backsies.

20 Likes

Not just you. I thought, isn’t he dead?

5 Likes

And in other news about losers:

Somehow, it’s become an anti-meme stock. ETTD motherfuckers

24 Likes

Mrs. Hatch often thought that.

18 Likes

Five deferment knows about being a coward since he has perfected being a coward.

5 Likes

That is what I immediately thought.

Raising Arizona put it best

2fcd6474-0164-412f-8173-79d922c78571_text

6 Likes

If you are represented by a “decent” republican at any level, give’em a call and ask them when they are quitting the Trumpublican Party.

I live in VT and call popular anti-Trump GOP gov Scott’s office every couple of weeks to ask why he’s lending his good name to a fascist party. Really, it’s pols like Scott that allow the NYT and others to give the GOP the benefit of the doubt as a legitimate party.

Shame them.

Turn the trickle into a flood.

The NYT might even notice.

29 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available