Omar Reveals Graphic Death Threat, Calls On GOP To Do Something

O thanks - I am. I feel good and I’ve gained weight back.

@rob_beatty_walters - sigh

The care I got from my surgeon and the staff at Holy Cross were absolutely wonderful. I am not a fan of medicine in these giant hospital complexes like we have here. They make me uncomfortable and unhappy and nothing about my medical experience in Taos did that. We aren’t idiots, my husband and me - we’re both retired lawyers.

6 Likes

Until someone takes Omar out, no one will take this seriously.

Why isn’t a representative of Federal law enforcement at the doorstep of this M-F that made this call? Why is everyone so non-plussed about these kinds of threats? How long before Boebert and company deride Omar for just being far too serious about this stuff?

7 Likes

100% fact.

1 Like

Tucker Carlson will deem this a patriotic act, and if Omar doesn’t like it she can go back to Somalia.

2 Likes

Exactly so, which is why I said “on the record” but probably not as a matter of actual Senate functionality. Not sure what ‘pissed off’ has to do with anything, it’s a matter of being accurate and realistic: Manchin cannot be pressured at least in public because the more he gets the better he looks in his state; it is those using him as cover that need to be pressured into a clear declaration of where they stand so Manchin will be isolated and, it is to be hoped, become a little more tractable when Biden looks him the eye and asks why he is sabotaging his president.

1 Like

Because most of those hate muslims and blacks, and Ilhan Omar happens to be both. Top it off that she is a woman and there is no shortage of misogynous pigs among them.

12 Likes

My guess is that Tuck would not bother to name the country she should go back to, but instead just the continent…

3 Likes

Her staff must have balls of brass to listen to the crap everyday.

4 Likes

REPUBLICANS reacting to the playing of the crude death threats made against
a Member of the United States Congress - U.S. Representative Ilhan Omar (D-MN)

6 Likes

Kevin McCarthy … loves the action - but feigns ignorance & heads for the hills when it gets to be untidy …

There isn’t a breathing human within 500 miles of Washington DC who fails to grasp what was going on with Kevin McCarthy in this situation …

3 Likes

Old picture of Sen Collins?

6 Likes

An economically anxious gentleman is on line two.

Censure once, boot twice, but no tolerance.

3 Likes

During the George W. Bush presidency, a high school student in NC got a visit from the Secret Service after some right-wing POS from the Walmart photo lab reported the kid’s HS civics project. The project demonstrated dissent: a photo of a photo of W with a red push pin through his forehead and the student giving a thumbs down. The GOP are as hypocritical as they are racist.

ETA: https://shadowproof.com/2005/10/05/nc-student-turned-in-to-secret-service-by-wal-mart-photo-lab/

10 Likes

I hope I didn’t imply that you’re anything close to an idiot. I’m glad your experience at Holy Cross was good. I’ve just had lots of experience with bad doctors in small hospitals. Of course, my sample is skewed because I only see the bad cases. And I understand your reticence with large hospital complexes, especially in Dallas. I’m sure you’ve heard of Dr. Christopher Duntsch. If not, I highly recommend the Dr. Death podcast.

Someday I hope to be a retired lawyer. My wife is a lawyer too, and hopes to retire sooner than me!

4 Likes

A lot of things make more sense now. Thanks LHG.

1 Like

The ignorance of Qevin McCarthy and all of the GQPeeers, now THAT is the REAL & ACTUAL THREAT.

2 Likes

You really didn’t do that and I hope y’all make it to retirement because it is so awesome.

I get what you’re saying and my Taos surgeon is one of a kind I think. Everybody there in the medical community thinks extremely highly of him. There is a world class cancer center in Santa Fe and they feel the same way about him. He actually made sure I got the nurses he thinks are the best, so it was a mutual admiration society. Now I’m a member - I love the guy.

4 Likes

So much of the discussion around Qevin’s lack of action assumes that he’s just trying not to piss off wingnuttia so he can get elected speaker. My own assumption is that they would rather have a spineless leader that they can push around than even one of their own as leader, so every inaction on his part is another vote in his pocket.

2 Likes

O it’s inevitable that the GOP will fuck around and find out - someone is going to get killed over their rhetoric. Of course they’ll deny responsibility until something forces it and I don’t know what that will be.

6 Likes

Pretty sure that horse left the barn some time ago.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available