Omar Reveals Graphic Death Threat, Calls On GOP To Do Something

Yesterday someone dubbed McCarthy Low T Kevin.

5 Likes

The names change throughout history, and so what. Would it have less meaning if I wrote it in French?

Just to make myself completely clear, the way I read it, the point of Niemöller was that the Fascists falsely attacked minorities in a divide to conquer strategy of angry polarization. Generally, the majority of people failed to protect them from these false accusations. The strategy did not stop at one minority, because of course not. And he finally found himself in one of the minorities under attack.

5 Likes

" After his imprisonment, he expressed his deep regret about not having done enough to help victims of the Nazis.[[5]]"(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Niemöller#cite_note-stoehr-5)

6 Likes

I can’t stomach more than 10 seconds of this dweeb when I nip into Faux News, so can somebody please let us know what Carlson hisses tonight about this.

1 Like

With apologies to Pastor Martin Niemöller and @davidn ,

First they came for Eleanor Rosevelt, and we did not speak out—because she was just a busybody … and, of course, probably a lesbian.

Then they came for Geraldine Ferraro, and we did not speak out— because she said Ron was not a “good Christian” … and, of course, the L Word.

Then they came for Hillary, and we did not speak out—because, among other things, “Her emails! Her emails! Her emails!” … and, of course, “Benghazi! Benghazi! Benghazi!”

Then they came for Omar—and there was no one left to speak for her.

10 Likes

Well, there are those two, but please don’t forget ALL the republicans who deserve all the same condemnation thrown at the couple of recalcitrant Dems and for all the same legitimate reasons.

1 Like

“Snark Meter Calibration Service? Do you do house calls?”

I agree. That was really ugly. It’s hard to decide which part was most offensive, but I think “sand n??? b???” did it for me. Couldn’t believe I was really hearing it.

2 Likes

None. My response to the typically thoughtful, worth reading steviedee111 was in no way intended to have any snark. I was asking if I missed something. Again, if steviedee believes quoting Niemöller’s in that context was off target or otherwise an issue, that I understand.

The best commenter out there on the whole “First they came…” front is probably Jeff Tiedrich - typically side-splitting.

1 Like

Like this? :wink:image

4 Likes

It will very useful for the FBI to quickly identify the caller and appropriate legal action is taken.

They don’t seem to be doing much so far. What’s Garland afraid of?

“The They” aren’t ever going to take this seriously. Look at the past shootings of people in Congress. Ol" Steve Scalise nearly died, but he still thinks it’s more important for someone to own a gun than your or my “right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness”. And don’t get me started on the “pro-life” idiots. OMFG, you can’t have an abortion! But, hey, you can wait a few years and have your child murdered in school by some fi. I am physically ill thinking of their hypocrisy and lack of regard for anyone but themselves. Anti’vaxxers! Pro-life? Yeah, right.

4 Likes

We have a tremendous failure here. Kevin McCarthy, above all, holds responsibility for allowing things to get this far out of hand. Nancy Pelosi nevertheless needs to shut it down, calling for immediate censure of Boebert, Gosar and other bomb-throwers. We’ve seen this movie, and it’s very disturbing. It’s like everybody knows how the movie starts and ends, but still want to see the middle and denouement.

5 Likes

Oh, thanks! Now I understand how that sentence was intended to read.

I suspect that he suffers from circumreflux disease.

2 Likes

Sounds grave. Or is it aigu?

4 Likes

Boebert can’t even spell GED.

2 Likes

The caller likely found guidance how to word the threat so it could be defended as First Amendment protected speech…note the use of general metaphor, nothing physical and specific: “take you off the face of this fcking Earth,” and “you will not be living much longer, btch.”

1 Like

Thanks Newter. Jackhole.
Even after Reagan, “we” were still getting past Nixon’s influence. Then you showed up and went full d’bag.

1 Like

Um. I suspect you aren’t referring to the former(silent?) TPM commenter who used that 'nym a few years back? Unless the “large” is in reference to MTG’s ego?(or id?!1!!!)

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available