Omar Is ‘Very Confident’ Pelosi Will Take ‘Decisive Action’ Against Boebert Over Islamophobic Slurs

What about Brats and Beer??

And personally, I don’t want to pay for fundraising time. The job description does not call for that, except for coming from the respective parties’ Congressional committees. The 60 Minutes piece on this a number of years ago indicated that more time was spent on phones raising money than on actual legislative duties. It would be great if we could get out of this mess, but the Congress is not going to move to make it even harder to out-raise their opposition.

3 Likes

Oh, I think both of them win in landslides and I don’t care who the Dem opponents are. There’s a curious faction of voters who love this crap and I don’t see them being out-voted by more reasonable folks with higher expectations.

Oh no! They messed it up today while I was not paying attention? So sorry that I missed it. I just showed my husband but I made him sit down first. And really sorry it was your team.
After last night’s U of M game, no one around here is thinking about the Lions. Those Wolverines are insufferable when winning…including my son-in-law.

I actually turned off the last 50 seconds because I was pretty certain they were going to muck it up. I’m too used to watching a decade of the Patriots not making those kinds of dumb mistakes. New England is doing ok without Brady, I’m happy to say, and Tampa Bay is doing fine as the retirement home for the SB winning players from NE. I am beginning to transition Dear Hubby for when we go east next year.

1 Like

“But I don’t even own a Honda!”

4 Likes

We’re transplants here from Pittsburgh but root for the poor hapless Lions out of sympathy. Two Penn Staters here 20 minutes from Ann Arbor. My husband does get militant over that.
We just moved my mom into Memory Care and were visiting after lunch so did not see the game at all.

2 Likes

“McCarthy is a liar and a coward,” Omar said.

I can’t improve on that.

3 Likes

The last four minutes of that game confirmed that Harbaugh is a total, unmitigated ass. The game was over but the dipshit didn’t have the common courtesy to run out the clock.

1 Like

I wondered if the psu in your user id was related to Penn State…

I call him Hollywood Harbaugh for a reason. That has been the U of M way since I can remember. Shembechler did it all the time.

We met there, over an oscilloscope in Physics lab. My children refer to it as nerd love.

6 Likes

You’ll grow out of that sympathy support. Spend your Sunday afternoons at the farmers markets in Southern Michigan.

“Show me a sine.” :slight_smile:

Im sure she could stomach the exam after a life of trading sexual favors to get ahead.

I’ll just wave at ya.

1 Like

It’s ok, they should still get the first pick in the draft. Now, as for my Bears? :sob:

1 Like

Gavel smacking Boebert’s toes?

1 Like

Cosine methinks

He did a great job explaining how Liberalism and Communism are not even on the same spectrum. But I think he missed an opportunity when speaking of the Overton Window to point out that many today who call themselves Conservative are anything but.

If you reject the 1st amendment, you have no right to call yourself a Conservative. A true conservative embraces the Constitution in its entirety and seeks to preserve it as they understand what its tenets mean (which in many instances may clash with how Liberals interpret the very same document).

What has happened in the US is that conservatism is a waning influence and is being supplanted by something from a completely different spectrum: fascism.

Fascism is to Communism what Conservatism is to Liberalism. If you feel at times like you political opposites are not even speaking the same language, it’s because they aren’t. The language of Fascism simply cannot meet the language of Liberals and Conservatives for it derives from an abject rejection of normalcy in favour of fevered fantasies about the world that surrounds them.

Fairness and accountability are for the weak. What ever our side does to our opponents is justified because our opponents will do the same to us whenever the opportunity arises. That is the amoral equivalency upon which fascism thrives.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available