Omar Is ‘Very Confident’ Pelosi Will Take ‘Decisive Action’ Against Boebert Over Islamophobic Slurs

Refreshing to hear a guy who is intelligent and thoughtful.
Form your own opinions, I like that! My first blush Is this gent was a right winger because of the beard. I get that because of my beard. I truthfully do not know where this guy stands. But because he is thoughtful and smart and aware I don’t care too much. I want folk like him around, I really do. We’d be better off as a country if we did.

12 Likes

And calm.

7 Likes

My move to Wisconsin happened in 2014 - I’m not a recent transplant. And I will never, ever be a cheesehead, although the MN Vikings have darned near lost to the 0-10-1 Detroit Lions.

ETA: my cynicism is rooted in what’s happened to the country SINCE I moved to Wisconsin. Moving back to Connecticut isn’t gonna change that.

5 Likes

And I’m “very confident” Qevin MqQarthy will take decisive inaction against Boebert. Might have a mild scolding of Nancy Mace.

5 Likes

I prefer cheese to nutmeg… (though did bake some pumpkin bread today)

That tracks… she is trying to make civics shittier…

2 Likes

Guess I misunderstood that you had recently moved back to Wisconsin from Connecticut and not the other direction. Hang in there and thank goddess that both Wis and Michigan have Democratic governors and Atty Generals at least

3 Likes

Congress must not relinquish its power to subpoena witnesses to SCOTUS or any other co-equal branch of US government. Clark thinking SCOTUS will save him?

1 Like

Are you insulting our Lions’ perfect record? It’s been a few years since we accomplished that.

3 Likes

Guaranteed that Boebert will tweet out some pseudomacho “Look, she ran to mommy” BS as a response.

1 Like

She was so eager to read the 2nd amendment, she completely skipped the 1st.

4 Likes

Does that mean plucky meant being Off Topographic?

I apologize for being OT so soon in the thread but…

1 Like

In reality anyone in Congress can work 20 hours a week or 80 hours a week. It’s kind of silly to accuse them of having a part time job. When Congress is in recess there is more than enough work to do if they choose to do it and really it’s no different on a daily basis. And of course in modern times a big part of their time is spent dialing for dollars.

Over at the Executive branch for the top people it’s the same. TFG probably worked about a quarter or less hours than either Biden or Obama.

Congress may have control over health care plans and pensions, but historically just went along with standard federal employee stuff with only marginal changes if any. To stick it to Democrats Republicans changed the health care to a PPACA plan, but eventually got a similar premium subsidy to the federal norm (which is about like the average corporate employee subsidy).

1 Like

I doubt McCarthy or any other GOP representative would be constrained by actual facts. They would strip committee assignments from the Democrats because the voters gave them a mandate by flipping the House.

5 Likes

We may be surprised at how poorly Empty Greene does this time around. She’s good at fleecing, but useless to the people in her district now. As more of them tilt at the windmill, their influence wanes.

5 Likes

Well, the second half of the Second Amendment.

3 Likes

They say prefatory clause, I say dependent clause.

1 Like

What perfect record was that? The Lions beat the Vikings with a last second touchdown. They are now 1 - 10 - 1 and the Vikings’ fans are calling for the coach to not even be allowed on the plane back to Minneapolis.

1 Like

I think the same thing can be said about Boebert. I’m not sure her antics are all that popular on the western slope.

4 Likes

She won’t even be popular with her Islamaphobic constituents, if she gets booted from the 2nd Amendment committees she’s on.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available