NYT: Trump To Name Richard Grenell Acting DNI | Talking Points Memo

Once again, personal loyalty to Trump is more important than competence.

2 Likes

I’d like to think this is the “Too crazy to be believed” name that is floated right before he makes the actual appointment, in order to make the “Nine tenths crazy” name seem relatively sane. But I think we are not even playing that game any more and we’re only getting full crazy now.

10 Likes

This guy has NO experience or training for the role AND is stridently partisan. He’s all the worst things rolled into one. I think he is the worst of donnie’s appointments…and that’s saying a LOT.

3 Likes

Lev Parnas Connection:

“Lev Parnas told The Daily Beast that as part of that deal, one of these lawyers who is working with Rudy Giuliani calls the U.S. ambassador to Germany, Rick Grinell, who is President Trump’s favorite ambassador, and Rick Grinnell, according to Lev Parnas’s account of the facts, says, ‘How can I help?’ ‘What we need you to do is we need you to give us a little bit of a heads-up if they’re really going to extradite Firtash.’ ‘Sure, I can help you with that.’ I can help you enact this exchange. I, as the U.S. ambassador will use my connections at the State Department to give you his defense counsel a heads-up so he can flee and not get extradited?” she asked.

7 Likes

donnie don’t play no games no more. He just flings his crazy shit and expects everyone to dance with glee as they are showered with his feces.

5 Likes

Slime of a feather ball together.

1 Like

So now who’s going to do Steve Bannon’s dirty work over there?

3 Likes

Wrong Nazi. But you get a consultation gift for recognizing a scum bucket. Have a beer. Perhaps something from Founders.

2 Likes

How about April. A boy can whatever.

2 Likes

Acting

1 Like

I won’t disagree, although the ambassador to Israel is a shitshow too.

(Unless they changed him since last I looked, although if so, the new one is no doubt incompetent and completely partisan too)

2 Likes

Another in a long line of ‘Acting’ appointments, which bypass the Senate’s role of confirming nominees or not.

The Senate has effectively ceded some of their authority to Agent Orange. Would this Republican led Senate allow Democratic President similar running room? I doubt it. They’d be screaming like Joni Earnst’s pigs

1 Like

How will the CIA react to him? I am imagining that they will be building a wall around him within the organization. They know how to do that. He appears to be stupid enough not to realize that there’s a wall around him. After the wall they will keep him busy with non-essentials.

6 Likes

Mr. Grenell has repeatedly attacked the refugee policy of Chancellor Angela Merkel. His style put off other officials and ultimately isolated him, the German publication Der Spiegel reported last year. “The powerful avoid him,” the newsmagazine wrote. “Doors have been shut.”

Doors will be shut in the US too.

5 Likes

One with no self-respect?

3 Likes

I suspect that you are confusing him with Rob Porter. It’s hard to distinguish one asshole from another.

4 Likes

Yes. Time to retire.

2 Likes

There are plenty of gay men willing to work for Trump, self-respecting or not. There is Lindsay Graham to begin with.

4 Likes

This is a hugely overlooked thing. Trump’s appointees are typically so awful on their faces that that gets all the attention. But it’s also a problem that they’re massively incompetent. It would be very bad if he was a J. Edgar Hoover type who would look the other way at white supremacist extremism; but he and a lot of others in this administration are fucking up everything, leaving us exposed to every national security threat. And of course some of those, like Russia, they actually invite.

6 Likes

“Grenell is a longtime GOP political operative and former aide to Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) who made a habit of enraging the German government as ambassador in part due to his stated desire to “empower” the right in the country.”

and now is confirmed that it was a racist attack. This is the right that Grenell wants to empower

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available