NYT: Trump To Name Richard Grenell Acting DNI | Talking Points Memo

President Trump intends to name Ambassador to Germany and right-wing political operative Richard Grenell to the position of acting Director of National Intelligence, the New York Times reports.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1292076

We went to war against Germany twice to save them from themselves.

Isn’t it about time they returned the favor?

18 Likes

So, a real-life Nazi?

“Grenell is a longtime GOP political operative and former aide to Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) who made a habit of enraging the German government as ambassador in part due to his [stated desire] to “empower” the right in the country.”

18 Likes

Sebby Gorky passed over once again…

Sad!

14 Likes

Oh look, another Fascist in Trump’s transnational crime syndicate, masquerading as a government.

18 Likes

shitshow

10 Likes

Brilliant. Put a political hack in charge of the entire national intelligence apparatus of the United States.

Think Heinrich Himmler.

19 Likes

What self respecting gay man goes to work for Trump right after he tells Rush Limbaugh to never apologize for his homophobic slurs against Pete Buttigieg?

9 Likes

Least qualified person - acting or confirmed - to ever hold the job.

No background in or with the intelligence community.

Very little intelligence.

But he was a FOX contributor and must look good on TV … to Trump.

19 Likes

My God. I thought Bolton was bad. This guy looks like an actual goose-stepping shit-heel.

21 Likes

A white supremacist is gonna white-supremacist.

4 Likes

Time for the IC to spill a few secrets, for the greater good.

6 Likes

Once he gets the German right in power, they can slap a pink
triangle on him and send him to a concentration camp. Those guys don’t play around

11 Likes

Susan Hennessey: of Lawfare: This should frighten you. Not just brazen politicization of intelligence, but also someone who is utterly incompetent in an important security role. The guardrails are gone.

22 Likes

Just when I thought the word kakistocracy had left my brain, Trump sends it thundering right back.

11 Likes

in the meantime, in Germany, an attack on a shisha bar:

1 Like

With people like this in charge Putin can, say, go into the Baltics and we’ll stand by sucking our thumbs.

10 Likes

Just what I was thinking.
After all, if those are the job requirements, Jared’s enormous talents are certainly being underutilized.

9 Likes

Isn’t this the guy that got fired or was asked to leave because he beat his wife and then recently came back? Or is that some other tRump lackey? Maybe not. I must be thinking of some other nazi tRump had employed. All nazis tend to look alike to me.

8 Likes

He sounds nice.

s/

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available