NYT: Trump To Name Richard Grenell Acting DNI | Talking Points Memo

I’ll be generous here and give this guy until July before he is stabbed in the back in true trump fashion then to be fired by a Don jr tweet since daddy can’t do a face to face firing.

4 Likes

More Susan Hennessey
`

Trump is doing this because he knows Grenell couldn’t be confirmed to the role, which is what the US Constitution requires. Once again, when the Constitution is inconvenient, Trump finds a work around and the Republican-controlled Senate just obliges. Originalism, indeed. https://t.co/PhS3D5hsXh

— Susan Hennessey (@Susan_Hennessey) February 19, 2020
`
10 Likes

I think Germany kicked him out last spring for his ideology. He needed a job. And, he went to a Pentacostal university (Evangel (?)) Is this guy going to be acting, or does he actually have to undergo a Senate Hearing and vote?

4 Likes

Mitch, I realize that you have no problem with U.S. subservience to China, but is this really your dream foreign policy and intelligence decision?

2 Likes

Thanks for providing the larger perspective here. I mean it!

2 Likes

If there is one thing 45* is good at it is finding people with no self-respect.

9 Likes

Can you imagine what all the high ranking intel officers must think?

8 Likes

Not true! We’ll also give him all the intel we’ve gathered from the client states to help him out.

5 Likes

Yes I can. But I had to stop when I thought of how Gina Haspell might respond. Cuz it made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

3 Likes

They always think they won’t get their faces eaten by that leopard.

They always lose their faces.

7 Likes

Couldn’t resist…

11 Likes

If the folks at, in, or near to the NI agencies are any good they have ways bamboozling the dim witted.

5 Likes

Has this guy even got a clearance? I shouldn’t be surprised if there are leaks of every one of his indiscretions overseas.

7 Likes

Once again, personal loyalty to Trump is more important than competence.

2 Likes

I’d like to think this is the “Too crazy to be believed” name that is floated right before he makes the actual appointment, in order to make the “Nine tenths crazy” name seem relatively sane. But I think we are not even playing that game any more and we’re only getting full crazy now.

10 Likes

This guy has NO experience or training for the role AND is stridently partisan. He’s all the worst things rolled into one. I think he is the worst of donnie’s appointments…and that’s saying a LOT.

3 Likes

Lev Parnas Connection:

“Lev Parnas told The Daily Beast that as part of that deal, one of these lawyers who is working with Rudy Giuliani calls the U.S. ambassador to Germany, Rick Grinell, who is President Trump’s favorite ambassador, and Rick Grinnell, according to Lev Parnas’s account of the facts, says, ‘How can I help?’ ‘What we need you to do is we need you to give us a little bit of a heads-up if they’re really going to extradite Firtash.’ ‘Sure, I can help you with that.’ I can help you enact this exchange. I, as the U.S. ambassador will use my connections at the State Department to give you his defense counsel a heads-up so he can flee and not get extradited?” she asked.

7 Likes

donnie don’t play no games no more. He just flings his crazy shit and expects everyone to dance with glee as they are showered with his feces.

5 Likes

Slime of a feather ball together.

1 Like

So now who’s going to do Steve Bannon’s dirty work over there?

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available