NYT: Trump Admin Rejected NY Fed Request In Giuliani Probe | Talking Points Memo

I think he’ll be too consumed by the insurrection investigation(s) and coming indictments to have much concern for tax issues. He’s looking at a possible prison sentence.

He attacked a joint session of Congress, including his own Vice President (and family) and put everyone’s lives in danger. He threatened the very core of our Democracy. Lives were lost. You think the victims here are powerless to demand justice?
We know there are not 17 republican senators brave enough to do the right thing. That won’t prevent the public and Congress from demanding the DOJ do the right thing. They’re all going to prison.

8 Likes

Given Rudy’s repeated opsec fails, he, like a criminal perpetual motion machine, likely created more evidence than he destroyed.

10 Likes

Motivation #124,234,874 for Trump to attempt to overturn the legitimate election results: He and his motley crew have a great deal to hide, and their ability to hide it ends the moment the DOJ changes hands. If they’d been smart, they’d have let the case go forward, spike the prosecution, and leave it to the double jeopardy rules to protect themselves from further prosecution, but, they’re drooling, gibbering morons.

10 Likes

Merrick Garland needs let the SDNY go full bore after Giuliani.

17 Likes

Waiting for the new Attorney General to be confirmed?

13 Likes

(First Day in Office): “I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I’m all out of bubblegum.”

20 Likes

Or Undertakers and Morticians.

Bigly growth industry.

3 Likes

I don’t.

I don’t see that age means you get to outrun what you’ve done. I know some of the Nazis prosecuted have been in their 90s and I always think - well better late than never.

16 Likes

Covid testers and vaccine administrators are also hiring.

2 Likes

I don’t think they should get a pass. It’s just hard enough for a young person. I get a twinge of unwilling empathy toward them. Then I forget about it. Shouldn’t have done the crime, bastard. Rudy’s so stupid though, I sometimes wonder if he really understood the risks he was running.

13 Likes

I figure if I had the choice to spend time in jail I would go for doing it at the end of my life rather than the middle. So my regret is it didn’t happen sooner.

3 Likes

I feel you - it usually hits me first when it’s someone really aged that it’s a waste of time and money. Then I think further and think No, it’s not. It’s just. hahahahaha

10 Likes

So much to investigate, so hard to triage. For me I think obstruction of justice on the Mueller probe has to be on the agenda too. The history books need to record that Rusher was no hoax and to delegitimize the 2016 election also. Let’s not allow the losers to write the history, as they so often have.

2 Likes

This a truly hilarious jab!

5 Likes

And these two.

9 Likes

He is fairly wealthy and could have lived the rest of his life in comfort, with enough to flip wives a couple more times before he died. I just can’t understand people like Rudy and the other vicious rich assholes, but I guess that is a good thing.

8 Likes

But senior DOJ leadership under Trump nixed the request, initially saying that they didn’t want the probe to interfere with the election.

7 Likes

Lock RICO Rudy up! At GITMO!

One might well observe that Guliani ought to have retired years ago. The question of whether he’s lost any marbles may arise when he has to testify in court, and/or is deposed by Dominion’s lawyers. Maybe he’ll offer an exchange: he’ll retire and STFU if they stop suing and prosecuting him. It might be worth it.

1 Like

And disinformationists. And probably jury tamperers, too, before this is over with.