NYT: Trump Admin Rejected NY Fed Request In Giuliani Probe | Talking Points Memo

The Trump administration rejected repeated requests from Manhattan federal prosecutors to search Rudy Giuliani’s records, the New York Times reports.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1359583
1 Like

In other unrelated but important news… The end is just beginning for T****.

Feb. 11, 2021 at 3:00 a.m. PST

Once his impeachment trial concludes and former president Donald Trump returns to his business, he will face some obvious challenges, such as declining real estate income and investigations from New York authorities.

But he may also have to finally face two tax issues that have been simmering in the background, either of which experts say could carry significant consequences should they materialize now that he is out of office.

One is a massive income tax refund Trump received before entering office, according to the New York Times, one that has quietly been under a years-long review by the Internal Revenue Service and a little-known congressional panel, the Joint Committee on Taxation.

The refund, which the IRS issued to Trump in 2010 for $72.9 million, according to the Times, could be a nonissue for Trump if the agency rules that it was issued appropriately and he should keep the funds.

But if the agency rules against him, he could be asked to pay it back with interest, handing him a debt of more than $100 million at a time when some of his biggest properties are suffering severe revenue losses and the law firm that handled his tax issues cut ties with him following the attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Boos Effing Hoos…

28 Likes

Using the processes and protections in the Legal System to eventually install a lawless fascist regime.

22 Likes

Only as these sorts of things come more and more into the daylight, will we begin to really understand how damaging the last four years have been.

We think we know but i am willing to wager that a year from now we will look back to right now and realize just how close we came to catastrophe, closer than we even now imagine.

25 Likes

Presumably this story leaked on purpose to reveal the Biden Administration’s DOJ will follow the law and investigate Rudy Giuliani’s election law violations.

You’re next, Donnie.

24 Likes

Corruption, We Hardly Knew Ye

6 Likes

8 Likes

You mean Mitt Romney close?

10 Likes

Let’s not forget Sen. Chuck Grassley and Ron Johnson were also independently pursuing disinformation from Ukraine.

23 Likes

Well, Rudy, all your crude scheming has come back to bite you. I always feel a little funny when they throw the really old fellers in prison but for you I’ll make an exception. Hope it was fun while it lasted.

25 Likes

And CNN reporting that DOJ confirmed information today regarding Oath Keepers waiting for word from BLOTUS on 1/6

12 Likes

You have to step back and admire Trump’s record on job creation.

I just wish the jobs weren’t all for prosecution attorneys.

23 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Good one, Lee!

6 Likes

Trump’s not in charge now, so where are the search warrants? I’ve not been impressed with Rudy’s discretion, so I’m guessing there is a treasure trove of incriminating info in those emails.

10 Likes

Meanwhile, Rudy checks his mail every day waiting for that pardon Trump promised and the check for his amazing job as Trump’s lawyer.

9 Likes

Every lawful request that pertains to nailing Rudi G. should be approved within 90 seconds of the Senate verdict.

8 Likes

You forget MAGA, Make Attorneys Get Attorneys, silly rabbit.

9 Likes

Link this to the Republican Party. They are responsible as they could have prevented it from occurring.

8 Likes

In another life Rudy and the Don had to be speed skaters…never saw two criminals get away Scott free from so many iterations of prosecutable infractions…they are truly criminal heavyweights…

7 Likes

Zero chance they didn’t give Rudy a heads-up that this investigation was down-range so he could do an evidence purge. Zero. Consider the desperation of Rudy’s attempts to overturn the election result and his frantic attempts to squeeze a last minute pardon out of Trump after the attempt failed.

He didn’t fear, or suspect, he might be investigated. He knew it was in the pipeline, just awaiting a change of administration.

19 Likes