NYT: Matt Gaetz Investigated For Possible Relationship With 17-Year-Old | Talking Points Memo

21 and 17 I do not believe is illegal in WA. The age of consent is 16.

1 Like

Gaetz is 38. He would’ve been 36 at the time. I don’t think when someone talks about a grown man dating a 17 year old that they’re talking about two kids a couple years apart.

29 Likes

I sure wish I could find that twitter thread written by a guy who worked with him in high school. He was a weird creep way back then.

12 Likes

“That Matt Gaetz could vote against a law to fight human trafficking and sex slave trade is beyond comprehension,” Dosev said in the release. “What was he thinking?”

Now we know.

22 Likes

My mom was 19 when she got married and my dad was 33.
He met her when she was 18, her first year in college.
They stayed married (for 45 years) until the day he died and our general family take on things is that she eventually died of grief although not until 12 years later.

13 Likes

Nestor was relieved?

1 Like

Yes. The statute in Texas used to recognize that - when there is an age difference of a couple of years and the girl was 16. I assume it still does. I don’t know - haven’t looked in over 20 years. hahahaha

But not when the male is in his 30s and the girl is 17 and he crossed state lines with her.

20 Likes

His daddy got him out of stuff all of his life.

Big mistake.

14 Likes

The little league. <rimshot>

5 Likes

There are literally billions of women in the world who are older than 17. What the fuck with these people?!

11 Likes

That surprised me as well.

4 Likes

Maybe this has something to do with former Seminole County, Fl. tax collector Joel Greenberg. Greenberg, a Matt Gaetz/Roger stone buddy, was indicted last August on federal charges that he used his access to state data bases to recruit and solicit underage girls for sex.

22 Likes

He’s supposedly engaged.

though

12 Likes

one of those ex-girlfriends was Nestor’s older sister. Nestor was 12 when Gaetz had him stay with him. Anyone know the age difference between Nestor and his older sister?

10 Likes
21 Likes

Maybe he was moving the girl across state lines for Greenberg. That would make more sense. It’s still sex trafficking.

And that way we aren’t all so damn confused over his adopted “son.”

25 Likes

Literally ‘billions of women’ old enough to know better…thus explaining Matt trying to get them coming out of the ‘Gaetz’.

3 Likes

Just long enough to start showing people the ring. Oof.

4 Likes

This was a whole industry in Missouri. Recently stopped after much bad press.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/state/missouri/article204287484.html

11 Likes