NYT: Matt Gaetz Investigated For Possible Relationship With 17-Year-Old | Talking Points Memo

The legality is one thing. I would be concerned if I were a parent with a child who is 16 being dated by a 21 year old. That is a 5 year difference with a lot of personal development to come including judgement. Point is, was it a sweet romance or a coercive older person walking in the door.

6 Likes

The joke was that Luckey is his beard. I’m curious to find out if it was something else.

11 Likes

Oh dear…

A reply to the tweet

32 Likes

I had an overly protective dog who sometimes reacted with his mouth/teeth when surprised by sudden movements or activity. Maybe the WH has too many instances of people rushing around, popping in and out, etc.

I feel so bad for everyone, especially Major. And whoever got bit. Dog bites hurt like hell.

19 Likes

She and Melania probably have had some interesting conversations.

8 Likes

And yet Matt was double her age 2 years ago. Besides in 1963 those were more permissible times, ah the good old days.

4 Likes

I feel bad that Nestor had to call the girl in his band class “mom”.

— Tony Posnanski (@tonyposnanski) March 30, 2021
12 Likes

I get worked up over critter abuse. It’s prolly why Mrs darr hired me on as the wildlife wrangler in our house … lizards, geckos and bugs of various sorts are urged off the premises hopefully prior to our cats getting interested.

10 Likes

In 1963 the Fab Four ranged in age from 20-23, so a bit closer to “just 17”

11 Likes

Though he’s a wingnut times 90, i really want to find out if Rodimer dunked on Gaetz.

2 Likes

I’m not sure who you’re arguing with. Obviously a nearly 40 year old man dating a 17 year old is the full on ‘Woody’. As a parent with two daughters who have survived to adulthood intact, of course.

2 Likes

Stage name?

If not, what on earth were her parents thinking??

12 Likes

Think the quotes need to go around “adopted” too. It was one of those unofficial adoptions that fall between “swell companions” and ”kidnapping”.

18 Likes

Gosh George was already 20 then?

6 Likes

Assuming he’s guilty guilty guilty (I guess that’s tipping my hand there) this is just another example of certain segments of the population wanting to go back to the “good old days” when the age of consent was 14 (not all that long ago relatively) but we’re in the 21st Century now.

4 Likes

I had a dog as a kid who took to threatening my sister for some reason. Turned out he had a brain tumor that ended up killing him.

4 Likes

He’s a conservative, isn’t he? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

22 Likes

This is the kind of Kompremat that has kept the right in line for years. I’m guessing there are skeletons in every closet and many of our representatives are trapped and controlled by their own weaknesses while we suffer.

M. Paul

13 Likes

Well, her brother’s name is Palmer Luckey. Looks like he wants to marry into the money.

Ginger Luckey, who is the sister of right-wing donor and former Facebook executive Palmer Luckey,

9 Likes