NYT: Matt Gaetz Investigated For Possible Relationship With 17-Year-Old | Talking Points Memo

Well it’s a good news/bad news thing for him.

Bad news first: relationship with 17 year old
Good new: Not his alleged “son”

15 Likes

IANAL but as I understand it, “target” is used in the federal context very narrowly to indicate that an indictment is imminent. You don’t want to be the subject of an investigation, but you super-don’t want to be a target.

The difference between lawyering up and finding your dog a place to stay for the next 3-5 years.

23 Likes

How many of the QAnon folk had this trafficker on their list?

23 Likes

Which team is Matt batting for?

5 Likes

7 Likes

This is the least surprising thing in the world. Remember when he traveled to NJ several months back to attend some college Republican shindig where he was surrounded by fellow maskless morons? I thought that was super suspect back then. Why would a grown ass man travel from FL to NJ to hang out with a bunch of college kids? Now we know why. He was looking to meet his next ex-girlfriend.

44 Likes

Thanks for the explanation.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking his “son” or whatever he calls him is not going to be happy about this.

11 Likes

Yes. No recategorizing needed.

9 Likes

And potentially convict.

Statute of limitations is 3 years and she and her parents have no say in the matter.

13 Likes

She might be street smart enough to be grifter or whatever but that isn’t the issue. Gaetz is the so called adult here. It’s all on him.

7 Likes

There is a question on that. What if he met her in high school? And he was a Junior or a Senior for example? One year trips by and he is then considered a full grown adult. Is a 19 year old dating a 17 year automatically in the perv category? (This is not a defense of Gaetz).

Well, she was just 17…

16 Likes

Matty Gaetz we hardly knew ye.

The poo is being flung at the fan as I type.
Have a nice day Mr Gaetz…

12 Likes

That made me LOL. Huh indeed.

8 Likes

Now would be a great time for ‘Big’ Dan Rodimer to say something.

4 Likes

my generosity to ex-girlfriends

Following the lead of his hero T** with his ex-girlfriends Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels.

5 Likes

Do Cawthorn next.

16 Likes

I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume any woman willing to date Gaetz may be on her 3rd senior year.

19 Likes

Yeah–I didn’t quite follow either how that was supposed to assuage anyone.

2 Likes