NYT: Former Trump Russia Adviser Objected To Ukraine Ambassador’s Firing | Talking Points Memo

I have convinced 3 people Tom Brady is an animal abuser. I’ll admit I picked three people nearly bereft of clear thinking, but you find fun where you can.

1 Like

I’m not caucasian, so I don’t really see the humor in it, sarcasm not withstanding. I chose my screen name because not being white, I was made to feel like I don’t belong in my own country many many times. And I reject that. I’m an American.

26 Likes

Same in my area
It’s a cult
You would have more success inviting a Jehovah’s witness in and converting them to Islam

8 Likes

Nope.

The best punishment for him is to be forgotten from history and treated as just a footnote upon the perils of electing unqualified people to office.

7 Likes

Everyone around him thought it was a bad idea, but Trump wouldn’t listen…

How many times have we heard that already? It should be the title of a book about this administration.

5 Likes

Semi-O/T: Watch for news to develop out in Ukraine this week, we’re pending a currently-scheduled Thursday (was delayed from October 9th) court ruling on Kolomoisky’s Privatbank.

While the IMF is in D.C. for meetings. If the court rule in Kolomoisky’s favor and you don’t hear squealing from the IMF, that’ll be the first indicator that the fix is in there.

15 Likes

Make sure JiffyLube checks your turn signal bulbs regularly.

So who decided that Iowa was the “axis mundi?” Maybe it’s really West Covina, CA

4 Likes

At least you amuse yourself, one would assume.

9 Likes

AFAICT that’s what Stevie is here for

4 Likes

Less so since I discovered girls.

2 Likes

I know opinions on the matter vary greatly depending on a whole lot of factors, but this is the Times, and this is an opinion piece, not reporting of actual facts. In that sense, i don’t take it very seriously. The NYT can do some outstanding reporting. They can also publish some questionable work, as well. I put this in the latter category.

I need to edit just to add that i did read through that piece in the Times, and it was based on the accurate observations of the opinion’s author. In that sense, he was reflecting other people’s opinions, and not just his own. On that, i’ll confess that the story was well written, but was not intended to be a point/counter point narrative that gets to actual facts, as opposed to hearsay. Still, reading through it was painful to see the level of willful ignorance and gullibility that so many people in this country maintain as their standard. There are parts of this country that view the world through a completely different lens, and in that sense, this opinion piece was an accurate reflection of one area in rural Iowa where T rumpp is seen as a god who can do no wrong. I hate to say that, but to each their own, i suppose.

4 Likes

That’s a terrible idea. Trump should never be forgotten any more than Hitler should be forgotten. My worst nightmare is that the only lesson Republicans will get from the era of Trump is that they need someone exactly like him, but without a twitter account. Just like the only lesson they learned from Nixon is to never tape record your crimes.

17 Likes

Is it too much to ask that, should his demise occur, he could be buried at sea like OBL so that his gravesite can’t be made into a shrine by the minions?

6 Likes

Pretty much
Too stupid to understand the rules

5 Likes

And risk any of his DNA entering the food chain?

I’m thinking more like spaceship launched into the sun.

10 Likes

Just as long as there’s no place to go to worship at the shrine.

Actually, I’d rather a concrete place where he can live out the rest of his days knowing he was not as well-loved as he’d like to think he is. And he should be able to see that every day of the rest of his ugly, loveless life and die knowing he was not revered and not loved. He should be reduced to a footnote in history and his visage removed from every possible building and billboard.

Ok, I’m getting carried away here…

5 Likes

I vote for an asterisk, or maybe an asterisk on a footnote in appendix, yeah this.

2 Likes

I await the NYT opinion piece titled “Where the ‘Racist Republicans’ Are Self-Destructing, Not Democrats”…I realize the NYT would never allow such a headline to be printed, opinion piece or not, but this is a small reason why I cancelled my sub to them years ago and will never go back.

9 Likes

What the hell good is it to give us a lead story about what somebody says Fiona Hill “would” or “might” or even “will” testify IF SHE HASN’T YET ACTUALLY TESTIFIED???

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available