NYT: Former Trump Russia Adviser Objected To Ukraine Ambassador’s Firing | Talking Points Memo

President Donald Trump’s former top adviser on Russia, who testified before three congressional committees Monday, objected “strenuously” to the firing of former ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, The New York Times reported.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1255708

The truth will set us free …
And lock up the traitor in the White House

29 Likes

Any Republican who votes for Trump at the end of this should be forever banned from wearing an American flag lapel pin or referencing themselves as a patriot of this great nation.

64 Likes

objected “strenuously” to the firing of former ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch,

18 Likes

Betcha money if Hill left her door open late into the night and entertained her nephew with video games neither one of those cops would shoot her dead while doing it.

13 Likes

There are repubs who oppose him and more and more openly, and then are repubs who only seek more greatness.

21 Likes

Fake News! Trump is the only expert on Russia! He’s the only expert on everything! EVERYTHING!!!

19 Likes

Apparently the officer just resigned. FW Chief plans on personally getting updates from major case squad (?).

6 Likes

That story upset me so much. That poor woman died in her family’s house, literally minding her own business…and then a cop, who doesn’t even identify himself, and is prowling the perimeter instead of walking up and ringing the GD doorbell, yells out and then fires his gun a second later. I said this on TPM years ago, and it was not well received, but I’ll say it again: there will come a time when preemptively shooting a police officer in self-defense is the logical and self-preserving move to make. Are we there yet?

12 Likes

Funny just heard on NPR that Iowa farmers are tired of being jerked around, and :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yes, sad. And what’s scary is it could be any one of us.

Oh, wait, I’m caucasian. OMG, that was a funny!:rofl::joy:

5 Likes

Apparently they aren’t tired enough. Not from what I’ve heard anyway.

3 Likes

Hill was subpoenaed for her appearance Monday before the House Committees on Oversight, Intelligence and Foreign Affairs. After attempting to sit-in on the interview, Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) was booted from Hill’s deposition because he wasn’t a member of any of those three committees.

Attempted witness intimidation.

44 Likes

It’s now abundantly clear what happened in the Ukraine. Guiliani needed our honest ambassador gone to run his crooked scheme to clear Manafort and to get dirt from Ukraine to help Trump’s political campaign.

33 Likes

1 Like

Long after all this is over what I want to see inscribed upon Mr. Trump’s eventual tombstone is the following (and ONLY the following.)

Prisoner # 7823-154-84

21 Likes

They are all trigger happy
How many times has someone died because they unload a whole clip into the victim when the first shot is usually enough to slow or stop

7 Likes

Maybe it’s one of those regional things. You know it starts with one person who shares with one person, and then that person shares with two more? Until finally they kick someone to the curb.

2 Likes

And there you have it. this is what Civil War in the 21st century looks like

1 Like

Add “War Criminal.”

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available