NYT: Bolton Told Barr He Was Worried Trump Was Doing Favors For Xi, Erdogan | Talking Points Memo

ain’t the first preznit Bolton’s seen Barr go in the bag for.

12 Likes

If Trump were simply running an experiment to see how deeply Republicans would debase themselves just to NEVER admit that their leader was flawed, would it look ANY different?

6 Likes

This article claims NY State can subpoena Bolton, and any other jokers or docs too: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/01/new-york-cy-vance-subpoena-ukraine-witnesses-documents.html?via=taps_top

7 Likes

So what has Barr done about those concerns? Or about the whistle-blower complaint, which is now corroborated by numerous threads that have come out of the impeachment investigation? This is the AG of the United States.

I don’t understand why the Democrats aren’t using the new information to announce an impeachment investigation into Barr’s conduct. He’s been in the meetings and on calls where criminal conduct was being openly discussed. I also such push-back would effectively limit the support he can give to the President.

15 Likes

You saw Lou Dobbs tonight? (not joking)

3 Likes

Russia Today: Bolton’s book is old news

3 Likes

Still unclear as to what Bolton holds dear -yes, he’s a staunch “conservative”

• but is he simply a strident philosophical conservative who at the end of the day will defend the constitution and principles of human decency above all else ? would he weigh in to see that fairness and justice ruled the day - or

• or is he just another flavor of hate-filled opportunistic “con-servative” bent on manipulating the right and filled with intense loathing for anyone with moderate or liberal views - such that he would feel fully justified making profane ad hominem attacks on people simply because of their views.
    would he cheat, lie, commit fraud and steal just to get a win?

6 Likes

Indeed.

A wonder to behold.

These sackless Republicans absolutely would still vote for him if he shot someone on Fifth Ave. And, they’d help him reload.

6 Likes

There’s a NYT article arguing that Roberts could subpoena Bolton or anyone else on his own initiative, and it would take a 2/3 vote to override. I don’t think he has the balls to do that, or if it’s actually a constitutional provision, but it’s an interesting read:

7 Likes

Well, CJ Puffinstuff the fate of the nation lies in your hands.
(running screaming, bouncing off walls, pulling out hair)

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not expecting Roberts to be our next “Mueller will save us,” but it’s an interesting question someone could ask him a few years from now. “In this, the largest constitutional crisis you will ever be involved in, why didn’t you use your authority to call witnesses?”

18 Likes

Nope. Barr’s bag is all-in.

5 Likes

Conservatism cannot fail…because conservatism IS fail.

5 Likes

I wonder if this potentially opens the door for another round of house investigations and impeachment. If Dems have the goods, they’d be committing political and moral malpractice by not pursuing it. Regular order is dead until Trump & the GOP are out of power, and this could only help. It’s a war of attrition and Dems have to keep chipping away.

6 Likes

Is that a colostomy bag and if so that sounds disgusting?

Where? At the Neo-Neuremburg trials after the rest of the world unites to defeat them?
If they get away with this, there may be no redemption.

3 Likes
  • or is he really in debt out the wazoo to his network of bookies and now really needs the money from the sales of his book in order to keep his kneecaps intact?
2 Likes

True on all counts. Especially the “sackless” part.

1 Like

Are you comparing Republicans to Job (like in the Book of Job)?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available