NY Judge Holds Trump In Contempt For Attacking Witnesses, Threatens Jail - TPM – Talking Points Memo

New York Supreme Court Judge Juan Merchan threatened to incarcerate Donald Trump on Tuesday if he continues to flout a gag order imposed to block him and others from attacking witnesses in his criminal case.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1487723
1 Like

Woo-hoo!

18 Likes

FRIST. Burt asks that we wake him when TFG is incarcerated.

38 Likes

Dear Lord, I would pay to see his ass in jail. Thank you baby jesus!

27 Likes

I would pay good money never to see his ass, regardless of where it might be.

42 Likes

Lock him up!

11 Likes

Good

Now the question is, will Trump shut his fucking mouth or violate the gag order again and if he does, will Merchan finally throw his ass in jail?

Also, this technically makes Trump in violation of his pre-trial release in D.C. and Georgia.

42 Likes

Now that he’s in criminal contempt, hasn’t he violated the terms of his bond in all other jurisdictions, and therefore it should be revoked? He was required to not commit any more crimes as part of the conditions of his release.

23 Likes

Voice has to go, too; and though we all have been spared so far, the trumparoma is a no-go as well.

3 Likes

FINALLY!!!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

6 Likes

Yes, but the right wing “Supremes” think he can have immunity…

3 Likes

Whack a mole, whack a Donnie!! Whack his pie hole!!

6 Likes

Over/under at 5 for the number of seconds after walking out of the courtroom before he goes beyond blasting the judge and violates the order?

The judge is an “allowed” target.

20 Likes

Lock the muthaf*cker up!

4 Likes

Keep flappin’ your gums, you bastard.

14 Likes

Am I giving the orange shit stain too much credit in thinking that he might actually be trying to get locked up so he can play the victim/martyr card even harder?

14 Likes

Merchan made a point in the contempt order of leaving open the possibility that he could send Trump to jail for continuing to violate the order. New York state law limits him to fineing Trump $1,000 per violation; Merchan wrote that such a small monetary amount “will not achieve the desired result in those instances where the contemnor can easily afford such a fine.”

He added that while he would prefer to impose a fine “commensurate with the wealth” of the offender, he lacked that power and would “therefore consider whether in some instances, jail may be a necessary punishment.”

Baby steps. Judge is doing exactly what he needs to do.

35 Likes

Do it Donny!!! Do it!!!

18 Likes

Just what you want in a person who aspires to be the president and who will take an oath to “preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.” Open contempt of court so repeated and egregious as to merit jail time.

46 Likes

I think there’s a good chance because he has zero impulse control. Just like a two-year-old.

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available