NY AG Accuses Trump Of Fraud In $250 Million Suit - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Music to the ears of TPMers.

59 Likes

My gut has been telling me that tfg will get nailed with a civil case before a criminal case. I’m giggling like a 5-yr old.

44 Likes

I predict the use in documentaries and pretty much everywhere (probably in slo-mo) of Trump descending that escalator as a visual metaphor for the eventual unraveling of his whole world. It’s too easy.

66 Likes

Next step - a paternity test?
:sunglasses:

22 Likes

Your principal is “your Pal” in school. That is supposed to be easy to remember, except it wasn’t true.

24 Likes
140 Likes

The allegations are strikingly similar to those made by Michael Cohen, Trump’s former attorney, to the House Oversight Committee in 2019

Yes, but now they have proof

54 Likes

At least (we can hope) he will now be forced to answer publicly.

4 Likes

In the 200-page lawsuit…

Looking forward to seeing more giant shoes dropping on TDFG

26 Likes

I never believed in witches, but it sounds like Letitia James found a number of them.

25 Likes

When she ran for governor it was for real. The money said go away, too soon.

4 Likes

A “Truth” will be incoming from lil’ t any second now.

17 Likes

Hahahah

74 Likes

The number of occasions in which they put the fraudulent intent in writing is really remarkable. Trump himself seems to have had way more discipline about that than the underlings did.

And it’s truly hilarious that one of the main issues is that they all lied constantly about his net worth, and they knew it was all lies.

102 Likes

Oh please, anybody can sue anybody. I keep filing lawsuits against @mattinpa all the time, and he’s still on the loose!

51 Likes

Try to find something to like in the situation.

63 Likes

Yeah, I don’t get that rule. He’s not running, so what’s the big deal?

21 Likes

The kids were involved in the dissolution of the Trump Foundation, too.

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2019/donald-j-trump-pays-court-ordered-2-million-illegally-using-trump-foundation

40 Likes

Hey, is it my fault if I know which judges to bribe? Gotta do your homework, man.

41 Likes

IANAL; However, I speculate that the bulk of the grift likely did not ‘officially’ occur in New York. Hence the referral to DOJ.

22 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available