NV Elex Official Slams GOP Censure: My Job Is Not To ‘Put My Thumb On The Scale Of Democracy’

Nevada Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske (R), swiped at her Party’s state committee after it censured her for refusing to uphold ex-President Donald Trump’s false narrative claiming that the 2020 elections were tainted by voter fraud.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1369237
1 Like

Lady obviously didn’t get the GQP job description.

Seriously, she’s exactly right and should be proud of speaking out.

23 Likes

Why are the R’s so determined to root out anyone with honor and integrity within their ranks?
/rhetorical

12 Likes

I don’t know if ant TPM’ers are political operatives and can weigh from an inside position in on this GOP desperation. I haven’t run into many stupid folks in here so Ill bet most of us get the gist of it. Things cannot be looking good long term for the GOP if they need this.

8 Likes

People with honor and integrity are obstacles if your goal is to pervert democracy.

12 Likes

In response to Nevada Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske’s statement, will await Donnie and RWNJ’s declaring her “disloyal” and a “traitor.”

3 Likes

Authoritarians cannot tolerate alternative sources of authority or those who adhere to such even in minor matters: Ethics, science, common decency, all must acquiesce or be shunned.

7 Likes

Most know there was no fraud but they cannot win honestly so they lie.

4 Likes

"My Job Is Not To ‘Put My Thumb On The Scale Of Democracy’

It is if the people in charge say it is.

CensuRed? She sHoulD be in Prisoned FoR noT suPPorting Trumps basefuLL claiM tHe elecTion waS sToleN.

9 Likes

ItS ouTraGe thAt libtaRds stole tHe elecTion by overwhelmingly nOt vOtinG for Trump.

16 Likes

Doesn’t matter - they only need to win once, then they can corrupt all elections thereafter so these states end up with one party rule, which is what the GQP wants.

Dems need to win every single time.

5 Likes

Integrity is one of the characteristics being distilled and thrown out by the current GOP. I feel sorry for these Republicans. They’re now learning what this former Republican learned a very long time ago. The party has moved out from under them and folks with integrity are on their own now. They can thank Rupert Murdoch, Rush Limbaugh, Clear Channel Communications, the Koch’s, the Adelson’s, the Walton’s, the Roberts Court, Citizens United and more for this. We’ve got Birchers, Proud Boys, Oath Keepers and every right-wing racist nut-job climbing out from under their rocks to support the destruction of democracy.

12 Likes

Cult members hate no one so much as a lapsed cult member.

5 Likes

Um

The Nevada GOP passed a resolution to censure Cegavske on Saturday that claimed she had “put the reliability of our elections in Nevada in question” by publicly disputingTrump’s lies about voter fraud.

11 Likes

I think you mean double down as they already played out those two terms. They are going to have to start inventing new ones.

Well that is some rather silly phrasing from the author.

No it isn’t but they WANT it to be so it appears to be enough to watch them make complete fools of themselves.

The question is, why would anyone with honor and integrity want to associate with today’s GQP??

10 Likes

The GOP is taking the term “ALL IN” from Chris Hayes and running with it.

The VR Bill has never been more important.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available