Nunes Protege Now At White House Sues Politico Over Impeachment Stories | Talking Points Memo

A White House official sued Politico and one of its reporters Monday, claiming its coverage putting him near the center of the impeachment drama was defamatory.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1263167
1 Like

I moove to dismiss.

44 Likes

Wonder who’s funding these annoyance suits…?

28 Likes

You know it’s frivolous when his ex-boss has a better case against a fake cow.

By the way, this guy is on the NSC counterterrorism division. One would hope he would have better things to do than obsess over his press clippings.

Trump will appreciate this guy…until he hears about a little thing called discovery.

30 Likes

I suggest Mr. Patel come to the Hill and testify in open session.

26 Likes

Patel’s suit said the suffering Politico’s work had caused him amounted to $25 million in damages.

Those losses sure added up fast. And it’s all from the fact that a news org reliably reported that Trump & co paid so little attention to their own colleagues that they (allegedly) misunderstood his role?

Maybe it’s time to update that joke about Bill Gates losing money if he stoops to pick up a $100…

12 Likes

He’s what James O’Keefe or Jacob Wohl would be if they ever grow up and get jobs with people who let them pull their stupid stunts on a salaried basis.

41 Likes

“Patel claimed Politico undertook a ‘malicious effort’ to ‘target and destroy the stellar career and reputation of a dedicated attorney.’”

One cannot simultaneously be a protege of Devin Nunes and a person who is having a stellar legal career.

38 Likes

According to Patel, Hill’s testimony about him was “completely fabricated.” And even given that, his suit asserted, Politico “intentionally lied” in its reporting.

He’s really going to claim Fiona Hill’s testimony was completely fabricated?? That’s a hell of a Hill to die on.

I wouldn’t advise getting into a pissing contest with Fiona Hill. She’s stared down mob-connected Russian oligarchs.

35 Likes

Patel claimed Politico undertook a “malicious effort” to “target and destroy the stellar career and reputation of a dedicated attorney.”

Maybe it did, but what does that have to do with him?

25 Likes

under oath.

Then the person to whom he allegedly misrepresented himself should clear the whole fucking matter up.

4 Likes

On Monday, Patel alleged in the rambling, harshly worded suit that Politico and Bertrand conspired with House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, via “real-time” leaks from the chairman, to knowingly publish false and defamatory information about him.

Ultimately, I think this is a backdoor effort to get at Chairman Schiff, who’s been on fire. It’s not going to work, but it does show they fear him.

16 Likes

This won’t take long. Bertrand is one of their best reporters, in my view. Really sharp.

20 Likes

Patel claimed Politico undertook a “malicious effort” to “target and destroy the stellar career and reputation of a dedicated attorney.”

Mark Zaid?

7 Likes

Of course, it must be true. Because right about now, Adam Schiff and Natasha Bertrand have nothing better to do than to fabricate news in order to fill the void. Because there’s nothing else going on worth talking about.

20 Likes

Will the cow be called to testify?

11 Likes

How dairy?!

Don’t these Republicans heifer give up? Hay, Devin, you need to beef up on the law, cause these are high steaks, and you’re gonna get barned badly. I guess it’s true what I herd: you’re pasture prime, just a laughing stock, who’s gonna get creamed. Go ahead and milk it now, butcher not gonna win, cause somebody steered you wrong on the legal cowculus.

Cheeses, this ain’t Mos-cow, you know!

56 Likes

I thought the cow was the one who filed the suit, assuming the cow has standing. Perhaps the cow is still out standing in the field. Anyone know?

9 Likes

Good grief, but the reporter just lobbed you a big fat juicy strike down the middle so you could knock it out of the park.

13 Likes

Yeah, geez Patel, don’t have a cow about it.

8 Likes