Now Mike Johnson Is Hedging On Whether The Election Will Be Certified

Originally published at: Now Mike Johnson Is Hedging On Whether The Election Will Be Certified - TPM – Talking Points Memo

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) will leave Washington today, along with the rest of his House and Senate colleagues, without committing to observing regular order and certifying the result of the election if Vice President Kamala Harris were to win in a few short weeks. Congress won’t be back in session until after the November…

2 Likes

toady : one who flatters in the hope of gaining favors : sycophant

25 Likes

“Well of course — if we have a free, fair, and safe election, we’re going to follow the Constitution. Absolutely. Yes. Absolutely,” he said.

And who, if I may ask, just who makes that designation of free, fair and safe?

And what if members of your own party are the source of the not free, unsafe election, like minions attacking Dem-rich voting locations?

And what if members of your own party are the ones deciding to ignore the votes cast in their respective districts or States?

That’s a whole lot of garbage that, as one of the eminent leaders of your party, you should be squashing, not casting doubts about.

52 Likes

OT:

Anyone notice that this got absolutely nil publicity? Johnson isn’t doing things right. [/s]

19 Likes

See “fluffer”.

14 Likes

Mike Johnson is useless.

14 Likes

In the category of teats on a bull.

10 Likes

That sentence could be read differently if you out a period earlier in it

“Well of course — if we have a free, fair, and safe election, we’re going to follow the Constitution. Absolutely. Yes. Absolutely”.

In a follow-up question, when asked if 2020 was fair, free, and safe, he (likely) replied “Absolutely Not.” So in other words, his party doesn’t believe in democracy anymore.

36 Likes

Go ahead and start some shit, Spineless Mike.

We’ll break you in half, you and your foul crew of cowards and degenerates.

14 Likes

In my line that’s also called an “ass kisser”.

5 Likes

The only way Republicans will consider the election fair is if they suffer a crushing defeat. Get out the vote in evey state. Send the GOP an unmistakable message.

16 Likes

The Speaker of the House is apparently a terrorist, a coup-plotter, and a religious nut-bag wing-nut Jesus freak douche bag.

16 Likes

Lot’s of things that should be completely discussed and publicized and would be in the past are not these days because of how Donald Trump consumes all the attention often by just saying the outrageous to the point I am using the “outrageous” as a noun.

That is both Trump’s superpower and the challenge to the media that because of its inability to figure out has kept Trump so relevant and powerful.

17 Likes

I think I would replace “inablity” with “unwillingness.”

13 Likes

Mike Johnson is a wimp. It’s obvious. He will roll over like he did with the shut down threat. This is his pre-election chance to look like a tough guy which he aint.

13 Likes

Slimy little worm.

4 Likes

The new Congress is sworn in on Jan 3rd. The vote to confirm the EC tally is Jan 6th.
Mike Johnson’s opinion may not matter.

42 Likes

Hakeem Jeffries will be the Speaker of the house on 1/6/25. The democrats will vote Hakeem as the new speaker in one vote. No issues here :slight_smile:

38 Likes

…if we have a free, fair, and safe election, we’re going to follow the Constitution.

Another person who is disregarding the formal oath of office he swore to just under two years ago. What a foul pack of reprobates the GQP has become. Vote. Them. Out.

16 Likes