North Carolina’s Lt. Governor Is A Facebook Brawler Whose Posts Railed Against Gays, Blacks, And Jews

Earlier this month, North Carolina Lieutenant Gov. Mark Robinson (R) delivered a pair of speeches that sparked speculation he might be running for governor next year. However, his remarks online are far more notable than any comments he’s made in his official capacity. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1451845
1 Like

There is nothing quite like a self hating African American who sucks up to the worst white people so that he can outdo them in their racism.

54 Likes

This guy is seriously unhinged.

40 Likes

pro-lifer

No, f*** that. These people are not pro-life in any sense. Please don’t dignify their views in this way, TPM.

22 Likes

It would take an entire department of psychiatry to crack this guy’s perverted nut.

25 Likes

Confederate flag guy pissing on NAACP. Wow, this guy’s so “edgy.” What a “brave” truth teller. Way to shit on people who sacrificed and died so you could be lt. governor, asshole

45 Likes

This guy is a dumpster fire on a train heading off a cliff on an asteroid speeding toward a sun going supernova as it gets sucked into a black hole in a universe collapsing into the next big bang.

37 Likes

Who elected him and why?

22 Likes

And that reason is that today’s Nazis in the US are emulating the violent behavior of 1930s Nazis, whereas today’s communists in the US are not emulating Stalin’s Communists.

Weird that he doesn’t quite get that. /s

29 Likes

Guilt ridden former Jesse Helms voters?
Bigsby, Clayton R-NC

9 Likes

They seem nice.

10 Likes

His home life foretold his future. It is now on full display. Really pathetic and dangerous.

8 Likes

What’s the problem? Sounds like the perfect GOP candidate to me

8 Likes

Honestly, I can’t get through all the misdirected hate and incongruity this guy presents from reading this article. I can say unequivocally that this man in a very confused person. Seriously confused.

“Note to liberals; I’ll accept ‘Gay Pride’ when you accept ‘White Pride,’” Robinson wrote in a 2014 post.

Dude, look in the mirror.

Self-hatred doesn’t begin to explain this guy or the way he misappropriates other cultures and ways of life, but it does come close.

It’s like Herschel Walker all over again. No doubt a tRump endorsed candidate of the first order. We should just call this the Herschel Walker syndrome or something.

40 Likes

he declared the “Black Panther” superhero movie was based on a character that was created “​​by an agnostic Jew and put to film by satanic marxist” in an effort to “pull the shekels out of your Schvartze pockets.”

He’s a White Gorilla tribe cult fan

8 Likes

This behavior is as old and explainable as social systems establishing groups with unequal status.

16 Likes

Along with his personal page, Robinson maintained a separate Facebook account for an alter ego modeled after professional wrestlers. Robinson called his wrestling persona “Bigg Smoke

“ok, he’s an Ernie Ladd fan.”

4 Likes

This may help to explain some of the behavior.

It’s a start anyway.

30 Likes

That’s my question. At first I assumed uninformed Black voters put him over the edge, but then I learned (or, rather, was reminded) that his Democratic opponent, Yolanda Lewis Holley, is also Black. Maybe Evangelicals, including Black Evangelicals, who didn’t know much about him except that he was pro-Trump and anti-abortion rights, actually got out to vote?

4 Likes

Possibly positioning himself as Trump’s running mate? Kari Lake is no match for this guy.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available