No Big Deal (Except Everything Hangs In The Balance Right Now) | Talking Points Memo

Animal’s instinct is to protect and care for their young.
Trumpsters don’t even have that!!!

6 Likes

Having been a refugee Himself Fleeing Herod’s wrath as a child in Egypt I suspect that Jesus would be all in on Open Borders.

9 Likes

There is NO path for a Rudy return to relevance that does not involve a huge mea culpa and an extended stay in rehab … and he’ll be six feet under long before he will ever sees the light and considers such things… mentally & morally, Rudy is a comprehensive lost cause.

8 Likes

The serpent: “I wuz framed!”

7 Likes

I am stealing that. It’s too good a cartoon to miss.

3 Likes

Because it is Earth - in the future.

5 Likes

For your mornings Funny as Shit and too true
Frankly, whether you convince yourself that the best way to own the libs is by getting the jab or you want to double down on dying in droves, either way we’d appreciate it if you picked up the pace a little bit, because unlike the anti-vaxxers, this shit is getting pretty old.

10 Likes

I always wish that the interviewer would stop right there and ask the person who said it (in this case, Cheney) to please give details on what the “disastrous policies” are that she’s referring to, and what alternatives Cheney would propose. And don’t let her waffle; make her be specific or admit she was making shit up. I’d like to see this for two reasons:

1. It would be very educational to hear about the dystopia the Republicans really aim to achieve.
  2. It would be interesting tv: here’s a very strong statement by this person; let’s hear more details.

The interviewers never do ask, though. It shows how useless journalists are: they don’t do their actual jobs.

And yes, I know I’m dreaming.

20 Likes

Well only having to fork over what a $1000 because you killed someone should stick in people’s craw, even when all involved are Republicans.
The mistake Ravnsborg made was he killed a white male and not a female, or a person of color. Besides that detail of finding the victims eye glasses inside Ravnsborg’s vehicle, well that’s a lot of suspension of reality for some people.

12 Likes

She probably has several cute grandchildren to also offer up as human sacrifices in support of the Trump war on reason and sanity. For these people there is no price too high to be able to exercise the right to spit on common sense.

4 Likes

Well isn’t she still in hiding? Why is Peter’s hiding when she has Trump and God on her side?

3 Likes

Only because of how it will be attributed to RWNJ “cures”, recovery is not an option. Although he’s never taken the test to confirm he actually has covid.

13 Likes

After following events on Friday and the weekend, here’s where I think we stand:

• Speaker Pelosi has punted the infra vote to Thursday to buy time for the House Dem caucus to reach agreement on build back better and pass both BBB and the bipartisan infrastructure bill (BIB) together this week.

• Nancy keeps saying that the vast majority of Dems are behind the two track approach. There is a small number of House Mods and 2 Senators who are on the fence or non-committal.

• The path to getting a deal this week has two approaches: 1. Get a deal in place that Manchin/Sinema also sign off on; or 2. If Manchin/Sinema remain non-committal, then work the House Caucus to get behind whatever Nancy negotiates, pass both bills, throw BBB over the wall to the Senate and dare Manchin/Sinema to kill it.

• Nancy is working the mods. 2 of them came out in support of BBB over the weekend. We know Gottheimer really wants SALT relief so I think he is pliable. I do expect Nancy to be able to get the Mods to bend the knee at some point.

• The Mods do not have the votes to pass the infra bill separately from BBB. The liberals have enough votes to block it. Pelosi will not bring up a bill that doesn’t have the votes.

-Yet, the Mods and their lobbyists are still looking to hold out, remain non-committal, and force Biden to lobby the left to break their quasi-filibuster of the infra bill. Here’s the problem for the Mods: Both Biden and Pelosi are giving a permission slip to the Left to maintain their position that there will be no vote for the infra bill unless the mods reach agreement on BBB. The reason is simple: BIDEN WANTS BOTH BILLS!! He has never been open to breaking the 2 track process. He is not ok with infra alone, or infra now, BBB later. Biden is willing to play hardball and kick both bills down the road to 2022.

The only thing really holding this up is the Mods cognitive dissonance and disbelief that the left actually has more power than they do and that Biden is aligned with the left on this BECAUSE IT IS HIS F**KING AGENDA THAT HE CAMPAIGNED ON AND WON 81 MILLION VOTES TO KICK THE DEVIL HIMSELF OUT OF THE WH!!!

My sense is that Nancy is going to win this battle, but we’ll still have a non-committal Manchin/Sinema to deal with. They’ve backed themselves into a corner, an island, and they either have to find a face saving way to bend the knee or simply vote against the Biden agenda and shoulder 100% of the blame for doing so.

29 Likes

Wait, isn’t that cowardly? Or manly when R’s do it.?

1 Like

Another imbecile … I don’t wish him dead but what is so damn infuriating is that … he will likely somehow survive while ( in spite of) taking the horse crap medicine … and he will then be convinced he proved something. “Scientifically”.

5 Likes

Josh needs to pick up his game on interviews. He’s not going to lead room rater. Perhaps he should start a gofundme or place one of his wood working projects there to pick up his background. How will anyone listen to him with that room background? (yes, tongue in cheek…)

Well when all Rudy wants to talk about is the thing that they’re getting sued over, well then…but really having him on now to talk about what? Interviewing him about his other legal troubles, like his FARA troubles, of his money troubles, or well Rudy doesn’t have much else going for him now does he.

4 Likes

Exactly - he refuses to take the test so just because one person has it, does not mean they all do. Probably, but…prove it!

5 Likes

Liz’s sister, Mary, is gay and married her partner in 2012. It was a big deal when Mary signed a brief submitted to the Supreme Court in support of gay marriage. I believe that Liz said something about loving her sister, but not supporting her marriage.

7 Likes

I think Garland is waiting to see what the 1/6 committee digs up to make it a stronger case. If Trump is indicted and tried for conspiracy, then his lawyers will try to convince a jury that the plans were concocted by others and he wasn’t aware of them, didn’t act on them. Just one wild idea among many that were being floated at the time.

As far as I’m concerned, the rally speech is clear evidence of intent, but I’m not going to be on that jury. Garland might be looking for testimony or paper/electronic evidence from someone in the inner circle that will report what discussions took place that included Trump.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available